V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Total Nutcase
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called all over the country and no one has the SERT 32107-01E in stock. They are back ordered until April. I found one place that had the 32107-01D in stock and they assured me it would work fine. I went ahead and ordered it.

Does anyone know the difference between the 32107-01D and the 32107-01E? The dealer said he hasn't even seen the E version yet and he's been using the D version on all of his '06 models. All I really want to do is richen up my mixture a little bit.

·
Administrator
11,287 Posts
The 32107-01D doesn't come with the correct maps for the 06 model year and only supports up to '05 as I understand it.

You will probably need to order an updated CD 32117-01F

If yours comes with that CD part number you should be good to go but I believe it comes in the 32107-01E SERT

As I understand it, 32117-01E CD doesn't support '06 FLHXi and is version 4.5
32117-01F adds support for the '06 FLHXi and is version 4.5.2

I use the disclaimer "as I understand it" because I have not actually had the respective kits in hand. But I have used the different software versions.

·
Total Nutcase
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Springer. I'll wait till it arrives and check the CD number. You'd think software upgrades would be free, considering the amount they charge for a SERT. I got my EFI ('06 Dyna) upgraded with the Stage I download back in November. Since that was back before the E version was available, I wonder what map the dealer used? Bike runs decent, but it's a little lean in the midrange.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
springer- said:
You will probably need to order an updated CD 32117-01F

You know what's really funny? The CD is backordered just like the SERT! :duh?:

·
Total Nutcase
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wyodude said:
You know what's really funny? The CD is backordered just like the SERT! :duh?:
It figures. To tell you the truth, I am concerned that HD will stop selling the SERT, just like they are discontinuing the SE exhausts. Probably worrying for no reason, but I'd rather have it now than have to fight the rush later. I think it's only a matter of time until the EPA clamps down on anything that can alter emissions levels. If it weren't for these forums, none of us would have any idea that SE exhausts are not going to be available in the future. For all we know, the same thing could be happening to the SERT right now. If that day comes, prices on new SERTs will skyrocket and they'll be very hard to get. If worse comes to worse, we can always trade copies of the CD, but the hardware will be required.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
I spoke with our local dealer. They just got a shipment of the Es in. They should have the F software with them. They aren't offering a discount though so the price is $459.

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
JamieWG said:
It figures. To tell you the truth, I am concerned that HD will stop selling the SERT, just like they are discontinuing the SE exhausts. Probably worrying for no reason, but I'd rather have it now than have to fight the rush later. I think it's only a matter of time until the EPA clamps down on anything that can alter emissions levels. If it weren't for these forums, none of us would have any idea that SE exhausts are not going to be available in the future. For all we know, the same thing could be happening to the SERT right now. If that day comes, prices on new SERTs will skyrocket and they'll be very hard to get. If worse comes to worse, we can always trade copies of the CD, but the hardware will be required.
Then you'll start seeing serts on Ebay for top dollar. Poor individual won't know that you can only use a SERT on one bike. But I guess they won't know that until after they've paid the money and given the postive feedback. :duh?:

·
Total Nutcase
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My SERT arrived today! Took less than 24 hours to get here.. Fastest shipping ever! :thumbsup:

It came with the 01F CD, so I assume that's the latest version? It has maps for 2006 models. Now I need to read the manual again and try to get my nerve up to mess with this thing. :coffee:

·
Infidel
1,428 Posts
JamieWG said:
My SERT arrived today! Took less than 24 hours to get here.. Fastest shipping ever! :thumbsup:

It came with the 01F CD, so I assume that's the latest version? It has maps for 2006 models. Now I need to read the manual again and try to get my nerve up to mess with this thing. :coffee:
Mine came with the 32117-01G software...so not the very latest.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Springer, you need to make a video on using the SERT. I know I would have bought it, if it would have been available when I got the SERT. Nothing better than to be led through the new stuff, than to fumble back and forth not really knowing if you're doing it correctly. I keep thinking of those guys that made big bucks explaining Windows OS. Just a thought.

Thorns

·
Administrator
11,287 Posts
Thorns said:
Springer, you need to make a video on using the SERT. I know I would have bought it, if it would have been available when I got the SERT. Nothing better than to be led through the new stuff, than to fumble back and forth not really knowing if you're doing it correctly. I keep thinking of those guys that made big bucks explaining Windows OS. Just a thought.

Thorns
Now there's an idea.... I'll call it "SERT Gone Wild !!" ~!Awesome!

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
SERT 32107-01e

I got the o1e version and the cd has info guarding the new upgrades. It has the f and g versions installed and lots more. But alot of good that will do ya if your tuner is the scorpion type. You now the kind, they overcharge their time, to cover their axx when you bring bring it back to them to get it right.

Get the 01e and word of mouth from the brotherhood on a great tuner.
sert dos'nt have live tune up ability
power comander does but cant kick up the rev limiter.

Watsonvile hd in ca. got one to me in three days.

Ged Bless you and God Bless America.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts