V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - Ted here from Chambersburg PA (near Gettysburg) - been riding many years and purchased my first Harley about a year ago. Hope we meet some of you down the road - also hoping for a warm Saturday tomorrow - {salute(

·
03FLHRI,84XLH,52ArielVHA
556 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum. I always think of Chambersburg with the Battle of Gettysburg cause of that road called the CHambersburg Pike that the Rebs used marching into battle. Didn't they burn Chambersburg down or something? I believe I read somewhere that it was the only Union town in the entire north that suffered this fate.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Post up often and enjoy!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Archon said:
Greetings and welcome to the forum. I always think of Chambersburg with the Battle of Gettysburg cause of that road called the CHambersburg Pike that the Rebs used marching into battle. Didn't they burn Chambersburg down or something? I believe I read somewhere that it was the only Union town in the entire north that suffered this fate.
Yes - you're correct - Chambersburg was pretty much burned to the ground - a bit before my time but there plenty of markers around town that attest to the destruction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts