V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. I'm Skydoc and new to this forum. Just wanted to introduce myself before I post anything and get busted on before I have made the proper introduction. I have been riding Harleys for over 25 years now. I've owned several from a rebuilt 47' Knuckle to my current 2002 Heritage Springer. I have been in the U.S. Army now for 26 years. These days I much prefer the Softail over the hardtail on my tired ass. I just happened to stumple across this forum while searching for something else. I'm glad I found it. You'll see me around here frequently from what I've seen of it so far.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Welcome aboard, skydoc. Betcha' you'll like it here. Pretty friendly bunch. :) Sometimes the best things on the Internet come by accident.

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Welcome

Welcome aboard SkyDoc...glad to have you aboard! We need more Sooners to represent around here! :)

I think with all the good weather we have had in the past few weeks, we have been pretty spoiled this winter. And now that it is snowing, we act as if something is terribly wrong!

Where are you stationed at?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Lessee... Skydoc... flight surgeon? Hehe you can't fool a retiree, me boy!

I took early retirement back in 89. USAF was downsizing bases and such. Took my chances with the real world, heh.

Welcome! Looks like we are starting to get a good crew here!

·
Registered
84 Posts
skydoc, first off...Thanks for your 26 years in serving our country, and secondly...Welcome to this site.

Good bunch of folks here with seasoned riders as yourself, and some not so seasoned riders (myself)

Got some tech. questions......You will get answers! :)

This site is very well organized with new ideas being added as the site grows. Check out the several catagories.

Jimmy T

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the warm welcome. I really like what I've seen in this forum so far. Very mature acting group, unlike some other forums I've previously subscribed to. Anyway, can't get anything over on you Higmo. You called it except I'm an Army Aviation Medicine PA not a physician. I'm actually doing a residency in Occupational Medicine and Public Health at the University of Oklahoma Health Science Center in Oklahoma City for the next two years there dprice. Maybe we can hook up sometime. I live in Lawton, just north of Fort Sill. My wife is a Critical Care Case Manager at Memorial Hospital here, so I get to comute the 180 miles round trip. I plan on riding the scooter up and back once the weather gets better. Unless I'm doing a run somewhere, I don't ride in nasty weather like this (rain, snow, VERY COLD). I'm a little older and wiser than I was 25 years ago when I tried to convince myself I was enjoying the misery because I was riding a Harley ;). Now I take the Bimmer in weather like this.

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
benefit run this weekend

The group of guys I ride with usually get together on good weekends and put in a few hundred miles. There are about 10-30 riders strong.

The weather in OKC looks like its going to be in the low 60's this weekend and we are planning on riding this Sunday on a benefit run hosted by HarleyDavidsonWorld, in OKC.

Good way to get the cobwebs dusted off the bike! I will email you details as I get them. Let me know if you are ever interested in riding with us. We have put in several thousand miles this year and always looking for more!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks dprice. I'd appreciate any info on runs. I'm not sure what the better half has planned for the weekend. I'll let you know. BTW, I'm just breaking in this new FLSTSI so my speed is limited as you know.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Re: New member.

Skydoc,

Welcome to the site . Glad you found it. Hope to see more posts from you.
I ride to OK. several times each year to see a lady friend of mine. She motors on her own H.D. It would be a pleasure to meet you if we are there some time this year.

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Let us know when you come down next time. I have a daughter and grandaughter in Kirksville, MO. I don't claim the son in-law though ;) Would really like to get together sometime. Where abouts in OK do you go? Are you close to OKC?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Another welcome to our little home in cyberdom. Thanks for the service you are doing for our country, a salute.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Where In OK.?

skydoc,

Claim a son-in-law? Never!! All you can do with them is shoot them or ignore them.
I go to Claremore when I get the time to go. Last time, We went to OKC. for a toy run for kids. It was the largest one I have been to. After the run there was a get together with food and drink. My name was called out and I was presented with a plaque for having traveled the greatest distance to attend. It was a good show all the way around.

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Roadking96

I'm about 90 miles southwest of OKC. Claremore is up by Tulsa. Lets cut the difference and meet up with dprice in OKC for lunch next time you come down. Send me an email when you make the trip. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Road Trip tp OK.

skydoc,

That sounds like a mission to me, I can do that and will let you know when it will happen.

Ride Safe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts