V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got here (Double post. Sorry)

Nothing really important to say yet but I have been building my own bikes for several years and I'm at least a little familiar with what can be made to fit what. The pic below is my most recent and, at my age, likely to be my last build. For the most part this has been the same "bike' for about 12 years although I've had a couple different motors and tranny's in it. It's built on a stretched 4 speed style frame. Over the years it's had an 88" shovel motor, a 97" S&S EVO motor and for the last 39k has had an Ultima 120. A couple of years ago I installed a Baker DD6. Rear brakes are from the front of a Ninja of some sort. The adapter was made by Fab Kevin as were the adaptors to allow mounting later style TC master cylinder etc. I hope it's okay here to say I've always been really happy with Kevin's work. Anyhow, if I do this right there should be a pic of my bike below. The idea behind this build was to put together a bike that has a "vintage style" to it but is not a copy of any particular year or model and that has as many upgrades as I can adapt to it. This includes better brakes, starter, clutch etc..

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually did run floorboards for a few years but couldn't find any that I thought were comfortable. They all also seemed to transmit more vibration into my feet. I tried everything from some old "D" boards to some late model rubber isolated type and had the same results.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts