V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Progressive will be hard to beat in NY. That's with a $1000 deductible. $420 with a $500 deductible. I thought that was awesome. Road side service included.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
I had Progressive on my last 2 bikes and had great rates. Last year the rates went up so I moved on. Still have Progressive for my cars though and they have proved to be a solid company - so far.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I Found Progressive To Have The Best Rates For The Coverage-430/yr For An 06 Heritage. Geico Quoted Me 1300/yr For The Same Thing.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
WOW that kill my 1366 yr for progressive, geico was 1511. the cheapest i found for me was 1222, but it was a no name company. I figured better to spend an extra couple $$ to get progressive.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
State Farm...$214 every six months for my 05 Fatty and the same for my 05 RK Custom.$250 deduct,100/300 and all accesories covered.No one could touch it!

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I have progressive and cant beat their rates on my FXSTSI. I have USAA for all my other insurance, but they could not come close on cycle insurance. Anyone have any experience with Progressive's claims handling good, bad or indifferent?

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
I think its good to shop around every year or two. Seems like sometimes they give you good rates, but they go up. I've had progressive on bikes. Currently have it atv.

·
Registered
265 Posts
It amazes me the differences in rates...not just from state to state but, from person to person within the same state...

·
C'ya on the road
146 Posts
DM-SC said:
It amazes me the differences in rates...not just from state to state but, from person to person within the same state...
That's the trick part. Everyone has a different profile. I've been with Allstate so long with no record, driving or accident, that nobody can beat their price by nearly half.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I am paying $956 a year for my 06 Super Glide and my wife's 05 883L from Geico and just got quoted $1492 from Foremost Insurance.

·
Registered
58 Posts
03 FLHR, 05 FLHTI, 76 FLH, full coverage, $500 deductable on the 03 & 05 liability only on the Shovel. $440 total per year. Dairyland Insurance, most independent agents write it.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Using Formost currently... They had more bang for the buck in CA.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I have progressive and my insurance is cheap. I found out why back in October. They cover damage to the bike, injuries to passengers, and injuries I cause to others. They do not cover injuries to the rider (not sure why my insurance agent didn't mention that earlier :dunno: )

Adding myself to the list of those covered increases the rate substantially. You may also want to check your health insurance, as to wether they cover primary in an auto-related accident. Mine doesn't... which means they won't pay either. My car insurance is still considering if they will cover my medical bills or not :wacko:

-2$en#e-

·
Registered
274 Posts
TheTick said:
I have progressive and my insurance is cheap. I found out why back in October. They cover damage to the bike, injuries to passengers, and injuries I cause to others. They do not cover injuries to the rider (not sure why my insurance agent didn't mention that earlier :dunno: )

Adding myself to the list of those covered increases the rate substantially. You may also want to check your health insurance, as to wether they cover primary in an auto-related accident. Mine doesn't... which means they won't pay either. My car insurance is still considering if they will cover my medical bills or not :wacko:

-2$en#e-
Don't understand why your health insurance wouldn't cover your injury? Normally most auto insurance doesn't cover much of your personal injury, but your medical should. I was in a auto accident years ago when I worked for a major communications company and my medical through the company covered all of my injuries.

·
ALOHA, marooned Doof
249 Posts
Important to...

Disclaimer: I do not desire to in anyway sound like I am preaching to the choir.... But here it goes...

Just quoting or stating a dollar amount of the insurance bill is in no way effective to compare from one to the other. The devil is in the details.

Remember when buying insurance of any kind...especially Life Insurance... you [the customer] are paying for insurance thinking your are about to die... the insurance company is taking the $$$ hoping that you will live a long and fruitful life... AND THE WORST part...you are hoping that the insurance company is right... the same can be said about car insurance.

It is very important to ensure that everyone compares apples to apples and items are able to be effectively analyzed....and the differences in companies and variances within the same state can be easily seen.

Specifically, the amounts of: (That you [the insured] has or is being quoted.)

1.) Liability (Bodily Injury/Property Damage)
25/50/25, 50/100/50, 100/300/100, etc.
2.) Personal Injury Protection
3.) Uninsured Motorist (Stacked or Unstacked)
4.) Underinsured (Stacked or Unstacked)
5.) Comprehensive
6.) Collision (deductible 500/1000, etc.)
7.) Medical

It is not only the final $$$ or the bill you will be paying.....but what you are getting for you're $$$. If someone is able to get twice the coverage for an additional $50, then that fact would mitigate the extra cost.

There is no way... that every member of the forum ...that replies to insurance questions or quotes... only carries the bare minimum coverage allowed.

Agreed, 100% that different driver records and background will factor into the final amount.....

The bottom line is that you must shop around...because the agent that works on commission will try and squeeze every dollar out of you they can get from you....especially, if the only insurance you carry with them is motorcycle insurance.

Now that I have read what I wrote.... my diclaimer just does not cut it..... my apologies. I am sure that I am on the watch list and one step closer to being banned!:crying:

Thanks for indulging me.

Punky

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Road, you are right, you have to get not only cheap rates, but good coverage. There are some States where a person can post a bond, instead of carrying insurance. I also have first hand knowledge that a lot of people let their insurance lapse. You are at a red light, some lazy moron who is bumming around instead of working, cant come up with his insurance premium. Now he rear ends you, you are ok physically, but you want your bike repaired. Guess what? You may be sh*t out of luck, w/o the proper insurance.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.