V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've got to tell you. I'm just excited to be here and be able to post my thought for all to see. I've been part of ZR2.com forum and I love it. My Zr2 is my second love, but my Harley is my FIRST love.

My story began early this year and it will continue until I can't do it anymore. I bought my first bike in March of 2002. It's a 2002 Hugger. I'm now ready to upgrade.
There were 3 rules I had to do to ride in my first year. Inforced by my dad, of course. They are: Before I can ride I had to take the ABATE course, ride w/a helmet, and wear pants. I've done all 3 and now feel comfortable riding my motorcycle.

Now I'm ready for next year, already. I have a '03 2-tone fatboy on order right now and it will be in by December '02. I'll do a few modifications this winter and be ready first thing (Daytona Bike week, of course).

Make yourself known and introduce yourself. I really like to know who has the same insanity as me.:D

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
:confused: and wear pants , well Dads are smart, I think......but anyway Welcome and have a great time!

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
For the record you are a chick .... right?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome ftby24,

Is the ABATE course the same as the MSF (motorcycle safety foundation) course? Just wondering? I know the MSF course is a fantastic course and if it's not the same you may want to think about the MSF course and if you are a HOG member HOG will even give you a $50 rebate in the form of $50 in HOG buck for the course.

Also since your gender is confirmed, I am sure you'll have a lot of introductions. Oh also wear something on your top half too. You may not be in an accident but you'll more than like be the cause of one if you don't;) .

Welcome to the board and ride safe, if there is anything we can do for you just ask,

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts