V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well pulled the trigger on a new Limited today. Bought the custom color orange. Beautiful bike in the sun. Traded my 09 Road King Classic which was a great bike but the wife did not like riding on the back, so it has to go. I won't bring the bike home until next week since I am having some motorwork done. It will be nice to have a new bike in the garage. I hope it gets along with the other bikes!!

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! That orange is a love it or hate it color, I suspect you'll get a lot of strong comments one way or the other! I love the brighter colors on HD's, as you can see! lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats on the new ride! That orange is a love it or hate it color, I suspect you'll get a lot of strong comments one way or the other! I love the brighter colors on HD's, as you can see! lol
I hear you!! I have already heard some comments from a couple of friends. I have a yellow wing and a yellow BMW so hearing comments about color is nothing out of the norm for me. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CONGRATULATIONS, I love that new orange this yr. Enjoy it, what mods you having done to the engine?
I am putting the 255 cams along with a race tuner, air box and pipes. Just a mild mod but it is what I did to the road king and it made it a whole lot better.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't ridden the limited before and took it out for a test ride today. Had it for about 3 hours and was really impressed with how well it handled in the curves. It really handles well on slow speed maneuvers and the bike feels lighter then my road king (even though it is almost 200lbs heavier) I am looking forward to getting it on the road and putting some miles on it.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Congrats on the Limited. I just got mine in OCT., put a rear CVO Street Glide Fender
with a shadow box license plate mount, some Andrews 54 cams and a assundrey of other accessories and I must say this is the best HD I have ever owned. See ya on the road!...and Happy New Year!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well pulled the trigger on a new Limited today. Bought the custom color orange. Beautiful bike in the sun. Traded my 09 Road King Classic which was a great bike but the wife did not like riding on the back, so it has to go. I won't bring the bike home until next week since I am having some motorwork done. It will be nice to have a new bike in the garage. I hope it gets along with the other bikes!!
I just pulled the trigger too !! My 09 Road King Classic is a great bike but she did not like riding on the back, so she had to go. So sad. Anyway !! Congrats on the New ride !!
SC

·
04 Super Glide Sport
290 Posts
Congrats on a great bike and a great color, but then again I fell in love with my Psychedelic Purple, and love the chrome yellow. Have fun! I'm loving mine, best bike ever!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congratulations, I just picked up a 2012 Ultra Limited if black pearl, silver. I also traded in a Road King Classic. I liked the rkc but imho the ltd is a much better all around bike. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride, I drove home on a new 2012 SG back in Aug when I saw the color, I just had to have it, just love the way it changes color when you walk around it on a sunny day. Enjoy it in good health.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,761 Posts
Congratulation, and I hope it exceeds all your expectations.

You do have one problem though...
Your bike doesn't match your handle any more.

joe

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Congrats on a great bike and a great color, but then again I fell in love with my Psychedelic Purple, and love the chrome yellow. Have fun! I'm loving mine, best bike ever!
Brighter colors are becoming the new black! Glad we're ahead of the curve!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. You're going to really like it. I got my Limited at the end of August, couldn't be happier with it. The weight seems to disappear when you start moving even at slow speeds. Great touring bike. We've put on over 8000 miles since August. Unfortunately our riding season is done.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Congrats!

Know you'll just love riding it -- especially with your passenger.
I had the same dilemma... loved riding the softail, but my girl just didn't enjoy it. She loves riding with me now -- and I would not go back. Like you and others have said, I was so surprised on how much 'lighter' the ultra feels than the softail!! Absolutely amazing.
Cheers.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts