V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum. Thought I'd introduce myself. 40 yr old, wife, two kids. New to Harleys, but wanted one for years. Rode a Yamaha 650 twin in college (20+ years ago). Have lost several family members to cancer in the last two years, and have another friend who is undergoing treatment now. Made me realize that life is way too short not to have some fun.

Bought a 90th anniv Sportster last spring, and just picked up a 96 FLHTP. Plan to spend the winter painting the sheetmetal to look nicer, and doing some light mechanical work. I guess my wife will get the Sporty....

Local HOG chapter has welcomed me, and I plan to participate more when I have time. Now I ride mostly alone, which provides some good "decompression" time. Went to Open Road Tour in Baltimore, and rode ALL the new bikes, but was kind of disappointed there were no non-Harley vendors there....

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome WarrenL,

Looks like you have your winter planned out, great to have you join us, I am sure once you familiar with a few of the guys in your area, that they'd be glad to ride with you, any time. And if you have any questions I am sure someone here will be able to help you.
Glad to have you join us and welcome again,

Dave

·
Registered
695 Posts
Welcome ! I remember my Yamaha 650 twin, it was a lot of fun -- a good bike until my brother had an accident with it. He was OK but the bike wasn't -- at the time I was much more concerned about him than the bike. Anyway glad you posted and it sounds like you're enjoying life with your bikes.
Ride safe

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Originally posted by WarrenL
Made me realize that life is way too short not to have some fun.

F*ckin' A, Warren.

Bought a 90th anniv Sportster last spring, and just picked up a 96 FLHTP.

Atta boy!!!

Local HOG chapter has welcomed me, ....

You're welcome here too! Glad to have you aboard:D

Regards,

wyodude

1 - 5 of 5 Posts