V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can i download a Map for a 2005 into a 2004 without any major gliches?
My SERT is the 4.50 version and so was the download.
I got a Map from HDMAPS for 2005 Softail with a Thunderheader(Closest thing i can find to my RB 2-1).My is Stage 1 with A/C.
The only problem i have right now is on decel,i am getting popping from 2000RPM and down otherwise the bike is running great.No high rpm popping at all.Accel is good,plugs look good

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
deuce04 said:
Can i download a Map for a 2005 into a 2004 without any major gliches?
My SERT is the 4.50 version and so was the download.
I got a Map from HDMAPS for 2005 Softail with a Thunderheader(Closest thing i can find to my RB 2-1).My is Stage 1 with A/C.
The only problem i have right now is on decel,i am getting popping from 2000RPM and down otherwise the bike is running great.No high rpm popping at all.Accel is good,plugs look good
yes you can....and if you get any popping with the 05 map..go in and reduce the decel enleanment numbers. Compare the HDmaps map with the stock stage 1 down load for your bike to see if they have tweeked the decel numbers for comparison. From the stock SERT maps, I start by reducing the decel values by .35-.45 and see if the popping is gone. you can also fatten up (raise) the VE numbers at -0- and 2 percent throttle above 1750 rpm to reduce popping.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Actually you can't...unless you have a 2005 ECM. The ECM that came on your 2004 is different than the 2005 bikes. The 2005 ECM replaces the 2004 ECM if anything happens to your ECM...but it requires different operating software within the ECM.

In the SERT you will see calibrations for 2001-2004 ECM's (Level 105)...and calibrations for 2005-2006 ECM's (Level 127 or higher). The Level 127 calibrations will not download into a 2004 ECM.

MY2004 bikes with a 2004 ECM use 105 level calibrations....whereas 2005 bikes use 127 level calibrations.

For example;
105HD019 is for a bike with a 2001-2004 ECM
127HD019 is the same calibration for a bike with a 2005 ECM

If you go to the programming screen with the bike hooked up, and use the Get ECM Info button...the SERT will show you the ECM part number. You can compare this to the ECM info in the File Information box and determine if the 2 are compatible.

Hope I didn't confuse you any more.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I copied the 4.12 to map to 4.50 software the only tables i dont have are accel enrichment and decel enleanment.Is this going to be a problem?
I have not loaded the map yet because i am having a hard time trying to figure out how to copy and paste it.So i am doing it manually,no biggie just time consuming.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I upgraded to 4.12 SERT software so I could reduce decel enleanment on 2005 RoadKing. Ended up zeroing out decel enleanment to reduce popping. Still pops, but not quite so bad.

I don't know what advantage there is in 4.50 version of SERT software.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fullbore said:
I upgraded to 4.12 SERT software so I could reduce decel enleanment on 2005 RoadKing. Ended up zeroing out decel enleanment to reduce popping. Still pops, but not quite so bad.

I don't know what advantage there is in 4.50 version of SERT software.

You reduced all the numbers to zero in the decel table?
Is this ok to do?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts