V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I read through Eddie Haskel's first post (http://www.harleydavidsonforum.com/...=&threadid=6097) and I am affraid I have little to add when compared to this amazing story.

My uncle had a Sportster when I was very young and I never actually saw him ride it. He was paralized, not on the bike, but he kept the bike until I was very young. He is my namesake and he and I are very close. Ever sense he sold the bike I have wanted one. So finally I have achieved my goal, a 2003 ST Deuce is mine!

My backgroud is that I am college graduate with a degree in CIS and I am currently a network admin for a regional bank.

I can't wait to participate in this forum!

My post got submitted and I posted twice...

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Welcome to the forum, lot's of great info here. Stay dry!

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
"Now on to your original post, I just picked up my new Deuce from Appleton HD about a month ago" ...posted by Poseidon on 11-21

Well now, I hope you are enjoying the ride!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I am fairly new here and can tell you they make a person feel welcome! Good to see others coming in and look forward to seeing some riding stories.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Welcome!

I just joined not too long ago as well. I had always wanted to ride motorcyles but just never got to doing it for one reason or another. So one day after seeing the V-Rod in Popular Mechanics and looking into it, I decided that it was time. I went to a dealer and got on a waiting list. Took the motorcycle safety training course in June, got my license in August, and got the V-Rod in October.

I have been working for the EPA as a chemist for a little over a year now. And before you ask, NO there isn't anything I can do about those new emission standards. ha ha ha Fortunately the V-Rod is liquid cooled.

Riding a motorcycle is so much fun. My only regret is that I didn' t do it sooner.

Ride on!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts