V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I'm a bit more conservative than most would believe. But Bush simply dropping a request for an additional 46 billion over the original request of $ 150 billion seems to be a bit hard to accept. I don't doubt the war cost is escalating and things have been wearing out faster than expected. However the original request must have had some basis for coming to the then needed amount. Then wham bam we need to have a 30% increase of 46 billion.

We seem to have a number of billion dollar projects going on under the current war needs. Many of which are simply blundered attempts to accomplish little more than wasting money on "necessary contracts" like the police training fiasco.

I don't know anyone who would not have there hind end in a sling if they needed to increase their operational budget by 30% with no explanation.

·
Opinions Vary
161 Posts
toybox99615 said:
I don't know anyone who would not have there hind end in a sling if they needed to increase their operational budget by 30% with no explanation.
It's much more than that . . .
IT was going to pay for itself remember??

but
- coupled with the lack of oversight, no-bid awards, and literally unaccounted for losses of actual cash??
-add in the incredible profiteering by a handful of private companies (war is not supposed to be about profit right?? right??)
-crap - I gotta stop - the abuse of power and money is just ridiculous . . . .

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Bush says they need the money to to buy equipment to protect the lives of our troops. Because of politics there is nothing Congress can do about it. The Bush Administration will get their money. Bush has nothing to lose by requesting any amount of money. His time is almost up so he will make sure his friends make the most of the situation.

The Bush supporters will defend any amount he spends or any action he does. The funny thing is when Hillary gets elected she plans to continue to stay in Iraq. Then watch the Bush supporters criticize everything that happens over there. :whatever:

Pay attention The way it works

·
Banned
3,710 Posts
bush has nothing to lose???

Smokey said:
Bush says they need the money to to buy equipment to protect the lives of our troops. Because of politics there is nothing Congress can do about it. The Bush Administration will get their money. Bush has nothing to lose by requesting any amount of money. His time is almost up so he will make sure his friends make the most of the situation.

The Bush supporters will defend any amount he spends or any action he does. The funny thing is when Hillary gets elected she plans to continue to stay in Iraq. Then watch the Bush supporters criticize everything that happens over there. :whatever:

Pay attention The way it works
Smokey, when is he going to fight like he's got N T L?

I demand the fairness doctrine, minority jerk offs:yes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts