V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new to this forum and new to harleys but im going to the junkyard to see what they've got and i want to build from there. does any one have some suggestions for good books i should pick up that will help with all the specifics?:)

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Not sure what your looking for but I doubt you will find any Harley's in the junkyard.

As for books to pick up, you will need to find one thats model specific to the bike you find. Good luck and welcome aboard!

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
"Treat Your own Mental Illness" by Dr. Sam Goodluck

No really...I think it can be done...lots of people build a pretty nice bike themselves....maybe the sites that sell kits will have some books like J & P.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
You'll probably have better luck with one of them metal detectors and a plastic bucket down in Huntington Beach.

Sorry just messin with ya.

What are you planning to buy and what are you hopeing to find?

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
blackcac, I haven't seen many Harleys or parts in the motorcycle bone yards either. But there are alot of swap meets and of course Ebay where you can find all sorts of parts. Finding the style of Harley that you may want in the rough form from a seller, possibly one that needs plenty of work at a bargain price, may be the way to go to save money if the frame is straight and the major components are still good. Do you know what type you are interested in?

Later,

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Re: JunKYARD?

If the thread starters question isn't hillarious, this is....:D :D :D

Originally posted by highrider
"I'm a little taken back by your planned source for building a scooter. I've never come across anyone who has scoured a boneyard for HDs.
I'm not sure what your using to plan this out with, but I'm sure it's a least $500.00 per ounce."

Sorry, but good luck on your quest anyway.:D

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
blackcac said:
"....does any one have some suggestions for good books i should pick up that will help with all the specifics?:)

"Building A Harley From Scratch" by Sanford and Son

·
Registered
875 Posts
Re: Re: junkyard fun

JimmyK said:

"Building A Harley From Scratch" by Sanford and Son

thanks I just spewed coffee all over my monitor :D

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
I can't imagine finding many Harleys in junk yards. I remember that years ago, I saw a pic of thousands of junk bikes. The question posed below the pic was "how many of these are Harleys?" Of course, the answer was NONE.

blackcac, 'sorry if you didn't get the answer you wanted. But you did get the truth. Welcome, aboard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts