V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering adding a low powered NOS system to an S&S V124". Have a few questions and looking for advice. If I put a 30HP kit on this motor if done properly and used moderately would it damage the motor? I know if you get too crazy it will but what if kept on the lighter side? Or would the money be better spent elsewhere. Has the 640 cams 10.8:1 comp

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pulled the trigger after researching 35hp kit inbound. As far as I've found if you stay on low end it should have no bad effect. But also read the addiction to juice and going up it what causes big booms....

·
Registered
15,777 Posts
And what are the odds you'll keep it low? :)

Sent from my 2 Tin Cans With A String using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Read a thread from an old post on this forum was funny. The guy wanted to know how much NOS he could run. Response was.... Keep increasing the jet sizes in increments.. When motor explodes decrease one size and order new motor.....hhaaahahahhaaa. Good stuff

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My sons set a 50hp limit. They told they will literally kick my ass if I even think about it. Lol. They were both shaking their heads on this one... Haha they thought after 180 hp I should be physically beaten. Honestly I'm very happy with the motor and probably after the initial fun wears off its really just for a few *** bike guys I mess with on the road occasionally. It's only usable from 3000 to 6300rpm and only when wide open. So it has limitations on use inherently. I know with the added bagger tail weight now it's gonna loose a little climbing up top. So I figured I'd get it back this way. I have to let them ride with me and they will decide if I'm allowed over the 35hp first... Bastards know me too well.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts