V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.
Bought an XL53C just over a year ago after a 20 year absence from biking. I thought it would be an ideal bike to regain my "bikers legs" on and have not been dissapointed.
In England every one is sports bike mad and sometimes Harleys are scorned on from their riders and the sport bike mad press. Stuff 'em I say. I don't care if it is a sports, custom, cruiser or trail bike, we all choose our bikes for individul reasons and I respect all other bikers choices.
No bike grabs attention like my XL and I'm afraid to say I love it! I also love the engine and the noise. Harleys have a rare thing in bikes - character.
I n future I would consider a V Rod if it could be made to sound right. But really it is the Duece that I aspire to. So to all you Duece owners out there - lucky beggars!
All the best.
Jon

·
Registered
584 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There are a few on the forum from your neck of the woods. Good luck on the Deuce. J.T.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Welcome to the forum jon,

And you're dead on about the sound of the V-Rod, it's the subject of many threads!! It will just take some time for the manufacturers to catch up to the new technology!

Enjoy your stay here. :D

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome Jon,

Just like JoeJitsu said much has been written about the sound of the V-Rod but what it might lack in sound is well made up for in other areas. I have 2800 now on my V-Rod and the SE slip-ons and I really like the sound now and I swear it still getting louder, it still has it's own sound.

But the Duce is a real sweet bike and since H-D is doing the factory custom Duce this year and if history holds true will select the Duce as their factory custom bike for the next couple of years, you just may see something that really appeals to you.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts