V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
WOW. Says a lot for the safety of the cars. Over 300 MPH and really not much injury.

Man that car exploded, nothing he could do.

Bernsteins experiance helped keep the disaster to a minimum.

WOW

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Hope he'll be ok. Hellava nice guy. Got to spend time with him when my bo-inlaw introduced us. A real genuine person.

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Scary scene that was, news sounds better then they expected as far as his injuries go !!!!
I think his crash / crashed the NHRA web site cant get on.

·
Banned
2,735 Posts
He is a GREAT person. Around 1990 or '91 I was stationed in Millington, TN. Our school was Marine Corps helicopter mechanics. John Force and his crew came to town...Memphis (about 20 miles south of Millington). He came out to the base with his Castrol car to show the young Marines and sailors. Anyway, right there in our helicopter hangar there were 2 funny cars and 2 crews of mechanics. The contest was to see who could tear an engine down to the block, rebuild it, and crank it up.

John Force's team won..but only by about 30 seconds and you should have heard it when that car cranked up inside the hangar. Of course we had the big doors open but man you should have seen the young guys (and us old ones too) when that son-of-a-gun lit off.

This was the same hangar where WW II Corsair and Hellcat mechanics trained...was built in 1941. I got to meet Joe Foss.....WW II Ace and Medal of Honor holder.

John Force will be back just as strong as ever. By the way, he didn't wash his fire suit back then either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts