V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the news yesterday that my bro from NYC had passed. Joe had been around dragracing most of his life. He put together a Pro Mod Harley for AHDRA and got it down the track half a dozen passes before he got the news that he was terminally ill. He called me one day 6 months ago and told me he had to sell his dragbike. I figgered divorce or lost his job. The prognosis was bleak-he had a week to four months. Joe was a heavy equipment operator who was on the job the morning after the terrorist attacks. He worked 12 on 12 off for 9 months at ground zero. And he paid the price. I was able to hook up another bro from my area, NW Ohio, who bought the bike and promised Joe it would get on the track. One door closes, another opens.
I will miss his Brooklyn accent. His great way of telling a joke or story. We were the same age and I really felt a connection with him. I am very sad today. It will pass. He is up there prolly telling a dirty joke to St. Peter while leaning against the pearly gates. GODSPEED Joe.....See you in the next round, bro. Friday

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Friday1 said:
Got the news yesterday that my bro from NYC had passed. Joe had been around dragracing most of his life. He put together a Pro Mod Harley for AHDRA and got it down the track half a dozen passes before he got the news that he was terminally ill. He called me one day 6 months ago and told me he had to sell his dragbike. I figgered divorce or lost his job. The prognosis was bleak-he had a week to four months. Joe was a heavy equipment operator who was on the job the morning after the terrorist attacks. He worked 12 on 12 off for 9 months at ground zero. And he paid the price. I was able to hook up another bro from my area, NW Ohio, who bought the bike and promised Joe it would get on the track. One door closes, another opens.
I will miss his Brooklyn accent. His great way of telling a joke or story. We were the same age and I really felt a connection with him. I am very sad today. It will pass. He is up there prolly telling a dirty joke to St. Peter while leaning against the pearly gates. GODSPEED Joe.....See you in the next round, bro. Friday
Sad... In my thoughts and prayers,

RIP JOE

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Country Joe

We knew Joe. Hadn't heard from him in years.
A few of us called him "Country Joe". We liked him.
God Speed, Joe.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hillsidecycle.com said:
We knew Joe. Hadn't heard from him in years.
A few of us called him "Country Joe". We liked him.
God Speed, Joe.
Joe was a great guy. He could really tell a story with his scratchy Brooklyn accent. I was going to go to NYC to visit him before he got sick. We laughed alot at the races. If you were around him for long, you were laughing too. He is up there looking down on us laughing right now. Friday

1 - 7 of 7 Posts