V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Arse Hole and Good at it
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done and business with this guys? I just got on of the order book from a friend and there prices are pretty cheap, are the part as cheap? By that I mean poor quality sh*t parts?

Thanks
Tim

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
06 Nighttrain said:
Has anyone done and business with this guys? I just got on of the order book from a friend and there prices are pretty cheap, are the part as cheap? By that I mean poor quality sh*t parts?

Thanks
Tim
Every body pretty much sells the same parts.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Hopefully HDWRENCH will chime in here.....I believe he has addressed this in the past. Jireh does indeed sell parts cheap but according to HDWRENCH I think he said a lot of their stuff is factory seconds...so you might get "good cheap parts" or you just might get "cheap parts"....IMHO I would stick to what has been proven good...talk to WRENCH, he will give you a great price and back it up with service

·
90 FXRS LOWRIDER
553 Posts
i bought a "cheap set" of drag pipes several years ago with no problems. except that they sent the wrong ones first, then sent me the right ones. and i got to keep the old ones which i sold to a friend for his bike and got my money back for the other set. i think they were like 80 bucks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I ordered alot of parts from them for my old Shovelhead but they dont have alot of stuff for newer bikes. Also ordered from Fog Hollow no problems.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
dlt6855 said:
I ordered alot of parts from them for my old Shovelhead but they dont have alot of stuff for newer bikes. Also ordered from Fog Hollow no problems.
Ordered form both and have been pleased with the quality and price from both...

·
Registered
62 Posts
will never buy from them again

I will never buy from them again. I got two very bad parts, a kick stand made of soft metal that did not even work properly.
And an oil tank that was full of rust and something like WD40. Did not find out about the oil tank in till I went to install it months later. They refunded my money on kick stand only after I shipped it back to them. I had to pay shipping both ways $14.00 on a $40.00 part for there lack of quality control. I buy from J&P or Kirk now fast shipping no crap.

·
Arse Hole and Good at it
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ive order a few things from them, shipping is pretty slow but the parts seem to be fine. I started this thread because the prices are pretty cheap. I wouldnt order any major parts, motor/trans, but the bars,risers and mirrors are good to go. Now need to find and place to powder coat them wrinkle black.

Tim

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Just placed my first order from them last week.

Ordered a new Ignition Coil.

Price at J&P was $154 plus shipping (they are in my home state of Iowa).

Price at Jireh's was $94. Shipping on anything over $75 is free. Showed up in 2 days from outside of St. Louis, Missouri.

I am very impressed so far!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've ordered several times from them and the only problem I encountered, I had ordered a 24T tranny sprocket and they sent a 23T. I called them and they were very polite, told me to keep the first one and they would send another. In a few days I had another sprocket but guess what, another 23T. Their catalog and online part number said it was 24T but it wasn't. I ended up getting it from J&P.
It is best to find out if they have the parts in stock before you order. I understand from other forums if it is backordered, forget it and go some place else.
All and all, I would order from them again.

·
Registered
62 Posts
your lucky

They have not returned my email and not called back. I lost $14.00 on shipping charges to return on junk item. I also lost 154.95 on an oil tank they wont take back. now I see J& P sends a prepaid shipping label with there products in case they must be returned. Even though it is just a hobby I spend at least $100.00 a week for MC parts but none will be going there way any more.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
hograzer said:
now I see J& P sends a prepaid shipping label with there products in case they must be returned.
Make sure you inspect parts from J+P carefully before you install them. My experience with them has been, if you find a part is defective after you install it, they will not accept it back. They are very rigid about that policy.

John

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.