V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey out there I must have broken the little *** that anchors the kickstand spring to my frame. There’s abt 1/2 an inch left. Anybody know how to repair something like that? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
639 Posts
There was a similar problem somewhere I read about. The suggestions were drill, tap and thread a hard bolt in, and take it to a welder and have them weld a new "nub" on. I like the latter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was a similar problem somewhere I read about. The suggestions were drill, tap and thread a hard bolt in, and take it to a welder and have them weld a new "nub" on. I like the latter.
Think I could drill thru the stud and and put the spring thru the hole

·
Registered
639 Posts
Just bear in mind it's not going to be as strong as the original and if I'm correct the spring wrapped around a round "knob". Sticking the end of the spring into a hole it will rub on a rough narrow edge and will prolly snap soon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just bear in mind it's not going to be as strong as the original and if I'm correct the spring wrapped around a round "knob". Sticking the end of the spring into a hole it will rub on a rough narrow edge and will prolly snap soon.
I drilled and tapped a 1/4x20 hole andplaced a bolt. Workin so far. Broke a couple bits and 1 tap. Oh well. Thanks for input!!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Just like everything else, it'll work until it doesn't. I've made several "farm fixes" in emergencies that lasted forever.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts