V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 06 night train black cherry i would LOVE to put a set of jesse james mamma jamma fenders on the bike my question is how hard are thay to install... are they pre drilled or do u have to like t hem all up and drill and shim ald all that.. i have a really good painter to paint them for cheap but i just dont know how hard it would be to install... plus i would have to find a way to put blinkers on the bike i will install a brake light on the license plate on the side of the bike....

·
Registered
13 Posts
After market fenders like jessie james dont come pre drilled , becouse every one usually has a different bolt hole pattern. As far as installation they are fairly easy if you have basic mechanical skills , take your time to fit them right and make sure you dont mount them to close to your tire

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just ordered a Mama Jama fender off ebay to use on my 05 RK custom (going with a 21 inch wheel). Not only does the fender not come pre drilled, but you also have to shape the fender. If you look at the Mama Jama fender on WCC website, it shows the fender following the shape of the wheel, so it will show off the rim, but that is not how the fender comes. Wanted to add, I am refering to the front fender here.

don't know how to post a picture in the reply, but I have attached a photo that was sent to me by another forum member. It is how the Mama Jama fender comes from WCC. You see you have to cut it. Mine will be here tomorrow, and I am getting ready to get mine going.

Which leads me to a question I was going to post, but this seems like a good place. What is the propor distance to have between the wheel, and the fender? I will be running 120 low profile Metzler tire on a 21 inch wheel. How much flex in the wheel when running? is 1 inch good? 2? Is there a standard that should be followed?

Thanks
Jeff in Nashville

1 - 6 of 6 Posts