V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made the mistake of riding my buddy Mad Dog's "Harley" drag bike. I say "Harley" because it's powered by a 120" Merch motor with Zipper's heads and a beastly quad main jet carb. My Honda RC 51 made 125-130 horses at the time and 75 ft pounds of torque at about 8000RPMs. Mad Dog's bike made 100+ pounds of torque just off idle and roughly 130-140 at about 3500RPMs. Can you say, different world? That was years ago, before I started building custom bikes for a company called Boar down in Naples florida. Now I'm toying with a 2004 sporty 1200 Custom that isn't gonna be much like it is, well was, for long. I've been toying with building an adjustable height handlebar mounting system for a while. Now its built. I'm gonna post a thread later asking for your thoughts on the system. I'm not trying to sell it to you. I am trying to sell it to Harley Davidson though. So, I need to know what people think of the system and if it's as cool as I think it is, or if I'm nuts. If you like it and want to build one for yourself, I'll email you info on how to do it, no charge, just don't go and try selling them. Ever seen a sporty called Deus Special? That's what I'm patterning my build off of now, so if you happen to have some XR 1200 rearsets sitting on your shelf, sell them to me, I need em. See you guys on the board. JD

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts