V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally had a chance to break away for a few days on Friday and left VT in an ice storm to head down to Worcester MA to drop off some parts needing repair and paint to Pat, Kustom Flames! Well sir, as I suspected, Pat in person, is every bit the gentleman he is here on the site and then some! Great to finally meet you Pat. I had a great time visiting, checking out your very cool shop, Love those old warehouse style buildings, such character, and checking out the many projects you are working on! Really awesome stuff going on there! Then I headed a little further south to CT. to hook up with my brother. I couldn't believe it? January 28 and its 50 F, sunny, bare ground, spotless roads (no sand or salt at all) and bikes were out everywhere! A real January spring! To say that I was envious would be an understatement! Have fun Connecticut Brethern!

·
Sua Sponte
442 Posts
Well Rick, it wasn't 50 here in SW Ct. And there is sand on the road here. But I did take the bike out. Just to blow out the cobwebs. Mine and the bike's.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Sunshine, no snow, dry roads. But there is a lot of salt on the roads here in westren Ny so I'll wait till after it rains before I get my bike out.

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well Rick, it wasn't 50 here in SW Ct. And there is sand on the road here. But I did take the bike out. Just to blow out the cobwebs. Mine and the bike's.
My Brother lives in Ellington fairly close to the TSI Harley dealership. Bikes everywhere Saturday! It rained pretty hard Friday when I came into CT. Maybe that had something to do with the clean roads?

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
the North Carolina SCRC annual Frostbite Ride was Saturday and it was 60 degrees. A good time was had by all.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Rick, when you're heading back give me shout if you like. I live two blocks from Pat and would like to head to the shop to say hey!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Weird winter. Seems like I say that a lot about the weather for the last several years. I'm not complaining about having a warm winter at all. I do feel a little sorry for the skiers, snowmobilers, and the folks that depend on their business.

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rick, when you're heading back give me shout if you like. I live two blocks from Pat and would like to head to the shop to say hey!
Hey that would be great! Pat thinks he will have it done around the end of February! I'll give you a heads up. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Springtime in Florida,,a balmy 72 degrees today with not a cloud in site....LIFE IS GOOD..lol

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How about a little break from the sun. Swap houses for a week? Mine comes with a free ski pass to the best mountain in the east! Stowe or Smugglers Notch, your choice! ;)

Springtime in Florida,,a balmy 72 degrees today with not a cloud in site....LIFE IS GOOD..lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm also from Connecticut. I can hardly believe I have over 1K miles on my bikes already this year. I wouldn't have believed anybody telling me I'd be riding much in January in Connecticut. It's kind of making up for last year's record breaking snowfalls.

I'll not question things and just keep riding when the urges hit me.

·
Registered
721 Posts
How about a little break from the sun. Swap houses for a week? Mine comes with a free ski pass to the best mountain in the east! Stowe or Smugglers Notch, your choice! ;)

:redrolf:probably not,,I'm a true Florida boy,,when it gets below 70 I put on a jacket, when it gets below 50 I put on long underwear and when it gets below 30,,I stay the f*#k home...lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
We had 50s here in lake geneva, WI a couple days ago. I sold my sporty that was a rare rebuilt 1250 with everything but nitrous and a stroker. I miss that bike, a member of our military bought it. Now i purchased a softail standard but i have it in the shop for major upgrades to the body. There was nothing wrong with it when i bought it. Im putting a 16'' wheel in front and making it fat instead of that 21'' skinny tire that follows all the grooves in the road. Lowering kit in the rear, drag bars, 40'' drag pipes at 1 3/4''. Should sound good! I putting a heritage front fender with a custom judgment style rear fender-its like the fatboy fender but goes straight down and a couple inches lower. Everything black!! Theres just too much to list but im happy with it and if this winter stays mild then maybe next month i can ride when it gets done! Cant wait

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Riding home from work today my bike kept turning away from the house :)

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
I was in Duluth, MN today and saw one guy riding a sporty downtown and saw another sport bike out on the highway near Solon Springs. There is virtually no snow in Duluth and Lake Superior is wide open, Temp in the Twin Ports was in the mid 40's

1 - 20 of 21 Posts