V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just wondering if any of the members have installed the new Jagg horizontal fan oil cooler on their bikes. I currently have the 10 row Jagg vertical oil cooler on my roadking and it seems to help on the highway however being in rush hour traffic it doesn't seem to help much even with the synthetic oil. I thought the idea of the fan should help in slow moving traffic so hence the question has anyone tried it and what did you think of it. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
What year is your bike? I think they only offer one for 09 or newer. If you have an older bike like me, you could add Big Sky's oil cooler fans.

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Since you already have the cooler, I would add the Big Sky fans. I think the kit is about $100.00

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Don't waste you money. BTDT. Wait for jagg to come out with a fan cooler for the earlier models. Or get the LeNale fan. Works great!

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Don't waste you money. BTDT. Wait for jagg to come out with a fan cooler for the earlier models. Or get the LeNale fan. Works great!
I can attest to the Big Sky fans as not doing a good job. Just took them off my '09, with the fans behind the cooler the air is restricted even on the hiway. They just don't pull enough air to do any good in traffic or parade duty.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the input. Unless I am mistaken the Big Sky Fans seem to work on the horizontal low mount coolers and not for the vertical mount. I think I will explore the Jagg fan assisted oil cooler or as suggested the Lenale.

·
Premium Member
4,789 Posts
All together, that cooler is about $500 bucks. The Ultra Cool is going for about $325 now. I think I'm going to add one over the winter.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have heard some good things about the ultra cool as well. The reason I want to hear from any riders using the new Jagg fan assisted cooler is that I already have the vertical cooler which means I already have spent the money on the oil filter offset and locking device so the only costs would be the purchase of the horizontal cooler c/w fan so it would be cheaper than the $500.00.

·
Premium Member
4,789 Posts
I have heard some good things about the ultra cool as well. The reason I want to hear from any riders using the new Jagg fan assisted cooler is that I already have the vertical cooler which means I already have spent the money on the oil filter offset and locking device so the only costs would be the purchase of the horizontal cooler c/w fan so it would be cheaper than the $500.00.
That makes good sense.

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
If they will sell the seperate peices.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
With all Jagg purchases you must purchase the offset oil filter adapter and nipple to make any Jagg cooler work. These are available with thermostat or not and a whole host of options that are available at additional cost. I presently have their 10 row vertical that I am very happy with but I believe anything that you can do to make your engine run a little cooler especially in parade traffic can't hurt and that's why I was asking about the fan assisted horizontal as since I have already purchased the offsets and nipple the only additional costs would be the fan and cooler for around $310.00 as mentioned by DRCTHARLEY PARTS.

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
I have a Jagg ten row and their adapter on my bike now. If they come out with a kit for an 07, and will sell the fan and other pieces seperately, I may give it a try. I have had good luck with my Big Sky fans though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've ran the Jagg 10 row low mount with the big sky fans on my last bike , on my new bike I bought the 1st Jagg fan assisted oil cooler , Marv at Jagg shipped it to me and emailed the instructions later because they weren't done yet , this cooler works great , it lowered my temperature 20 - 25 degrees over where it was with the HD oil cooler that came on the bike

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Jagg Fan assist oil cooler

We got a bunch of these in stock now and so far people have been loving them!
09-up Touring models available.
06-08 Touring should be in stock soon.

Oil Cooler FP2400 - $309.95
Adapter 4600 - $89.95
adapter nipple 11-26352-95A - $8.49

Package Price right now $400.00 delivered!
PM/Email/Call to order at this price!

Or order online and mention this deal in the comments box on checkout! We will adjust your order to reflect this price!

Oil Cooler FP2400: http://www.directharleyparts.com/eng...ng-p-5863.html

Adapter 4600: http://www.directharleyparts.com/eng...in-p-1672.html

Adapter Nipple: http://www.directharleyparts.com/eng...le-p-5883.html

We are also on our live chat most of the time, so you can reach us there instantly with any questions.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts