V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good company to do business with? How about Arlen Ness?

·
Registered
297 Posts
I've been ordering parts for my bike from J&P and I haven't had any problems. They are also fast I ordered the couple pieces I needed to finish my dash on Friday and they arrived today:)

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
J&P Cycles.

J&P Cycles,

Have been ordering from them off and on for over 10 years, they never hurt me. Arlin Ness has always been more then helpful with what ever information I needed to know about their products. I cannot find anything wrong with them. Talk to them first before you buy.

Ride Safe.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Have been using them for over a year now with no problems, until now.

Ordered a chome part through them out of the Kuryakyn catalog (expensive). Problem one: when the part arrived, it wasn't a Kuryakyn product. No big deal, IF the quality was excellent. (They could not explain why I didn't receive the correctly branded part.)

Problem two: quality was NOT excellent. After I installed the part in the garage and took the bike outside, it was apparent that the chrome quality was poor. After lengthy discussion with their technical support, we agreed that the part would be returned by me, re-ordered by them, and replaced, per their 100% satisfaction policy.

Well, the story changes. They now refuse to replace the part on the basis that 1) it was installed on my bike (for about 5 minutes until I got it out of the garage), and 2) they say there's nothing wrong with it, ie, the chrome is fine. So since it was installed, they won't take the part back.

To be fair, their policy says that (non-defective) parts returned must be in like-new condition. The disappointment is that, I feel the chrome is poor, they say the chrome is good, and their position is that they have last word (in an admittedly subjective dispute). But believe me, I wouldn't have gone through an extra install, removal, and shipment back to the company just for fun.

So much for the customer always being right. I've spent thousands with them to date, but will probably go elsewhere from now on.

·
Registered
162 Posts
J&P is a little pricey. I have had good luck with them overall. I had one problem involving a sub-standard part. I did not know it was sub-standard until I installed it. I communicated my concerns and they took the same approach as with JRS (above). I wasn't willing to accept the policy. So I wrote the owners and filed a complaint with the BBB. It was quickly resolved in my favor. When it was resolved I pledged to keep using them. I have and I remain satisfied. They have a website with a message forum (like this but more technical in nature). The J&P staff monitor the forum and it is a wonderful venue for asking them questions. I like them and I'm glad my problem was solved. I recommend them.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
I've ordered several things from them about half a dozen times & never had any problems. Always got what I ordered in a reasonable amount of time.

·
Registered
121 Posts
J&P kills you with freight and handling charges. I always support my local indy dealer if I can. He's the one that will help me solve a problem, unload my new motorcycle I had on the back of a pick-up and bought out of state, suggest to my wife to buy me this and that!!, etc. That local independent dealer will end up saving you hundreds of $$$ someday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts