V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just started back working nights and try to sleep during the day, with a two and half year old running around in my small German two bedroom flat. I was trying to sleep today and had this crazy dream. Analyze this one: I'm in the hospital I work and am going to pick up my bike. I get to this crated bike, which appears to be a softtail.(I ordered a RoadKing) It's been customized and obviously used, because it looks like a rat trap. Chrome crap laying around, like it's been picked over. I start to put it together, or try, and realize that it has like thousands of miles on the odometer and the crate has writing(which is almost illegible) that the price was reduced and all this crap. I get it back together and about to start it up in the hospital to drive it out. I am infuriated at this point. Then someone brings to my attention that there is another bike in a crate. I go over and it's mine. I assume this, because it's a RK in the same two-tone paint scheme. It's in like fifty or so different pieces and I start to try to put it together. As I do this, my daughter walks up to me and is talking to me. Just as she does that, I wake up in real time as my daughter walks into the room, talking to me in her two year old way.
Crazy, I know. I have issues. I haven't had a Harley dream in a while, but that was the weirdest. I've had several since I ordered my King. Anyone else out there or am I the only Section 8 in the forum? J.T.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Does Kraft HD still have the contract with AAFES for GI's to pick up there bikes there? Funny you dreamed yor bike screwed up. Several years back (before I picked up my bikes at Kraft) rumor had it they would leave things off your new bike, ie, right mirror, saying they didn't come with both but you'd need to buy one from them to be legal in Germany. I don't know if it was true or not, but it wouldn't suprise me.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I have had a similar experience when dreaming. Actually VERY similar. I dreamt that I was in the market for a BT and my search led me to a Home Depot where I heard they had a Fat Boy for sale. I was walking in when I found a fender (sea green and cream 2-tone paint). I picked it up and kept walking down one aisle after another until I came across another part. This time it was the matching gas tanks. I put those in a basket near by and continued on..finding parts here and there as I went. FINALLY I got to the VERY back corner of the store and saw this tarp. I of course uncovered it and found the complete rolling chassis (minus the parts I found on the way) and it was in running order with the keys. There was a faded cardboard sign that said $7000 obo and I called an associate to come help me with locating the owner. I bought the bike right there and began the assembly in the store...hell...it WAS Home Depot and they had all the tools I needed! JUST when I was about to fire it up...I hear my dog barking and yelling like its in a fight across the store. I run to find out what is going on and someone has my dog in a make-shift arena fighting a much bigger dog. (I have a petit (50lb) female Pit Bull by the way that can hold her own if need be.) I ended the fight and my dog was licking my face when I woke up in real time. It was her licking that woke me up! WEIRD!!

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
I don't know about the bike dream... but I worked midnight shift.. for 14 years... and your body is totally screwed... all wacked out..... my worse dream was I woke up..running thru the house trying to find my 2 year old..... and he was at the sitter's .... freaky stuff....

·
Banned
5,863 Posts
I see 2 meanings: bike number one represents your doubts and insecurities. Did I buy the right bike? Will it be allright by the time I get back to the states? Bike number 2 represents the time between now and when you finally get it. All the things that must be done between now and then.

That'll be 300 dollars...

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
........................and a blue pill!:D

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks for the quick analysis, FXDeanX. Do you accept PayPal? It was weird. Like I said, it wasn't the first Harley dream. The first one was me on a Dresser, can't remember if it was a RK or not, but we were out muddin on log trails. Someone was riding my bike and I was getting pi$$ed, cause I didn't want them to drop my bike in the mud. I also had another one, where I was with my fiancee and were walking down a two lane highway. We walk up to two bikes on the side of the road. She picks up one and I pick up the other and we just take off down the road. All after finding two Harleys. I think her's was a metric, but mine was definately a HOG.:D
95 FXST, my 2002 RK is already at home. My Mom sent pictures after it was delivered. It's sitting in my garage, covered, waiting for me to get home. I am not sure where the bikes are picked up. I know they just opened a new shop on post. They have like eight 2003s of various types. A couple 2002s left also. The 2002 are maked down a grand and that is based off of MSRP, out the door. They contracted with the MOCO as to how many they will have for European delivery. I was thinking that they come through Lanstheul? Probably via Rhein Main. Who knows. I never thought about asking the guys. I usually stop in once a week or so. They have a 2003 RK, that I go to sit on.:D I don't have to say anything to anyone, they know I'm there to check the King out. It gets me over the rough spots.:( (Dang, I sound like a LOSER!) Seriously, though. I've waited over twenty years and this will be my first road bike. I've worked for it and I am looking forward to it!
ksims, your dream was pretty funny too. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Kind of freaked me out.
HarleyGirl, I've been working nights for the past few years. I agree with you. It does cause you to be rough around the edges. Civilian isn't too bad, but the military suxs. Not only do you put in your hours, you sometimes have to stay over to get soldiering stuff out the way. Put you close to the edge.(Kind of like taking the Blue Pill!)
Thanks for hearing me rant. Peace. J.T.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
P.S. FXDeanX, you might not have been too far off on the analysis. I need to get married, go through INS for the fiancee, get her green card, out process, and still try to take terminal leave by Feburary......unless, our commander and chief decides to stop-loss and send me to play in the sand!:D Aaah, like the sands through an hourglass, these are the days of our lives.[cue music] J.T.

·
Banned
5,863 Posts
The log trail dream is the same...you're looking at your bike but it's out of your reach. In real life, someone else has your bike, it's out of your reach and you won't be happy until it's in your hands and YOU are sitting on it.

Relax, you're not losing it. This sh!t's perfectly normal. In 6 months you'll look back on this and laugh. In 9 months you can meet me in Sturgis and pay me another 300 bucks

·
Registered
543 Posts
Dean, of all people to be giving advice on dreams. What were you thinking ? YOU WERE'NT THINKING !!!

What about that dream you keep having where you're standing on a temple in Sun God robes and Thousands of naked women are screaming at you and throwing tiny pickles ? :D

Shame on you for playing doctor, Dean. :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts