V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found the forum a couple of weeks ago and registered. What a great site. Well, I'm 56 and on my first HD and the story of how I got there is different at best.

My teenage son had his Lic suspended for 90 days right before Christmas and my wife thought it would be great to get him a moped to go to school on so we got him one for Christmas. The day after we went to the motorcycle dealership to get helmet, etc and I asked the salesman if they had any small cruiser type bikes as I hadn't riden in quite a few years. I had been pestering my wife for quite awhile to get a bike and she alway was against it to the point of NO. We he showed me a Honda Rebel at about $3,600 and I asked if he ever got used ones in - well a 2001 was at the end of the line for $2,400. I sat on it and I think my wife saw the look on my face and we came home with it. I was happy with it for a few weeks and decided to go to the HD dealership just to "look". Took the wife back the next weekend and we signed the papers to purchase our new Dyna Low Rider.

I guess I have to thank my son for speeding and getting his lic suspended for my HD. The bike is a life long dream and with the weather I have been able to put some miles on it.

Thanks for listening to my story - lovin life with my new FXDL

Ray

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
Welcome Mike. I got my Low Rider last September after several years of not riding. It will definitely make you younger. You will absolutely love it and you have found the best Harley Forum on the net.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hello and welcome, I'm new here too and also started out on a Rebel. I love that little bike, but it's a little too small, can't keep up with the big guys:)

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I still have my Rebel. I was hoping my wife would try it but she wants no part of either driving it or riding on it. It is amazing the difference with the HD. She loves it (riding only) and has turned into a walking advertisement for HD. Everytime I talk about buying something for the bike and say I can get it cheaper without the HD logo she informs me that accessories must have HD on them. I've created a monster!!!!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
The Rebel is a perfect starter bike, too bad your wife don't wanna try it. I'm hanging onto my rebel too, never know when you may need a backup:)

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Welcome aboard,Ray!

Thanks for the intro,different to say the least.

Stick around,you'll like it here.
guido

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome Ray. You'll find there are a lot of us "middle aged Baby Boomers" here on the board. Hope to see you here often. Get out and enjoy that scooter :D

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Welcome to the greatest Harley site on the net....or that's what a lot of us think. I didn't realize that I hadn't replied to your story with a welcome. Sometimes one slips by. I'm so glad that we have so many that help make the new guys feel welcome. I think the way that you were re-introduced to riding by chance is pretty fortunate for you. It often only takes that second introduction to riding to be hooked for life with the riding passion. Enjoy your Low Rider and post often. If you have any things to share about your Dyna or questions you can also post them in the Dyna sections......it gets pretty lonely over there at times. LOL

Later,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts