V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
COOL!!! We know you'll be riding until Midnight tonight....But how about a post about the ride, feel, excitement, all the folks looking at ya, etc. as soon as you can fit us in???:D

·
Registered
138 Posts
Congratulations on your bike! How bout some pics?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi! Just thought I would let you know that Buellbomb has picked up his V-rod and actually rode it about 20 miles. He's not back home with it yet though. We live in Florida and he bought the V-rod in Illinois where we're originally from. He had some other business to take care of while he's in Illinois and hopes to be back here sometime this week. I'll make sure that he posts pictures for you and that you get a full report. He does seem quite happy to finally have it.

"Mrs." Buellbomb (Julie)

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
OK, Julie. We'll be eagerly awaiting the report.

In the West, there is a Harley oriented magazine/paper called Thunder Press. (It's starting to expand beyond the West and has an extensive circulation). Thunder Press had an extensive series of reviews about the V-Rod in the January 2002 issue. It'll be interesting to compare Buellbomb's thoughts about the bike and the reviewers' comments.

Is he going to ride the bike back to Florida, or trailer it home?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He's going to trailer it home and hopefully you will have a full report by the end of this week. I know he's anxious to get it home and start "breaking" it in.

Julie

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm back, finally.

I put about 50 miles on the bike today, Cripes I hate the breakin routine! It shoudn't take me too long to get it run in, then I can wail on it.

Coming off FL models, the thing seems small, easy to handle. The riding position is a good fit for me, I'm kinda average sized.

It's too quiet, too.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Being one of the first V-Rod owners, your thoughts and experiences are very important to us all.

Glad you're back. And look forward to those ride reports.

Do you folks get Thunder Press in Florida? Several V-Rod reviews in this month's issue.

Oh, are you getting more stares when you drive and are you drawing
a crowd when you stop?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We do get Thunder Press here. I really enjoy reading it, it's got a lot of good info, and it's FREE!

I put about 100 miles on the bike today. When I stopped for gas, two people pulled in off the street to ask about it. Then I stopped by one of the local HD shops-same thing. The shop has none, so they were happy to see it in person.
I turned down $5K profit on it.
Top speed so far about 65, no oil usage, gas mileage around 40.
I'm gonna like this bike.
Rich http://viol8r.com/bikers/buellvrod.JPG

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
BEAUTIFUL!!! bike, Rich.

Hope to hear all about your ridin' experiences.

I know some other Forum members have V-Rods. It'll be interesting to
see how the different members rate the bike.

Oh, have you taken Julie for a ride yet?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Took the wife for a short ride today. I think she misses the Roadglide, but she likes the v-rod.
Two up, it took us back to the old days, when we had the Shovelhead(FXS). It rode OK, she said it leans over too far. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Buellbomb
I've got 500 miles on my V-Rod and took it to 125 MPH so far with a lot left. I have already spent $2000 on accessories, You need to change the pipes
mine sounds good. Fun bike to ride, Its got Balls.
Talk to you later.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm at 300 miles now, Jim.
Just got back from Daytona, watching the Nascar tests.
I'm starting to squeeze on it a little more, had it up to about 80 on the way home. So far, so good.
Sunday I was up for Poser of the Day. I went to a big benefit run/party at a local biker hangout. The bike was a big hit, but I got kinda tired of people asking me to start it, so I wandered away. I didn't hear any negative comments, but I took some criticism about the breakin.
"How's she run?"
"I don't know, I'm breaking it in slow."
"Hell, I'd run that thing to death, that's why you got a warranty."
"Break yours in that way then."
;)

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Buellbomb said:
I'm at 300 miles now, Jim.

I took some criticism about the breakin.

"How's she run?"
"I don't know, I'm breaking it in slow."
"Hell, I'd run that thing to death, that's why you got a warranty."
"Break yours in that way then."
;)

Yeah, when they start making the payments on that bike, they can break it in any way they want!!!! Good idea, follow the recommended break-in. Plenty of time to ride hard later. I may get flamed a bit for that statement but since when did being caution become a bad thing?

thanks for the update!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts