V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another SuperGlide followed me home today :banana:
A rode hard, put up wet, 1975 model that was chopped in 76 and rode ever since.
It's got a 6" over Springer front-end, coffin fuel tank, 36" sissy bar, king & Queen seat, S&S E carb, open drags and all painted metal flake med. Blue. The guy I got it from said "every thing's been rebuilt a time or two but I never really changed anything" . 96,442 miles! :chopper:
That's 3 SuperGlides and a FLH, 1966 FLH, 1975 & 1976 SuperGlides and my 06 FXDI.
Think I'll just freshen this one up and leave it as is.

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
Thomas Howard said:
It's got a 6" over Springer front-end, coffin fuel tank, 36" sissy bar, king & Queen seat, S&S E carb, open drags and all painted metal flake med. Blue. The guy I got it from said "every thing's been rebuilt a time or two but I never really changed anything" . 96,442 miles! :chopper:
That's 3 SuperGlides and a FLH, 1966 FLH, 1975 & 1976 SuperGlides and my 06 FXDI.
A man after my own heart. I bought a 75 FX new, had a 75 FLH and bought a new 81 FLHS. I like shovels. Scott Drake, who raced in the Camel Pro Series, lives near me and has a 76 FXE that's all original. He's had it for years. I told him I'd buy if he ever wanted to sell it, but he ain't never gonna part with it.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Thomas Howard said:

Post a pic when you can!! That sounds like the bikes of my youth. Love to see it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts