V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello to everyone on this fine forum. I have been lurking here for a few weeks and have learned a ton already.

My name is Tony and I just purchased my first streetbike...2003 Heritage Softtail Classic. Grew up ridin' motorcross but haven't ridden anything in about 20 years until the Heritage. Anyway, my wife and I are just getting into this new hobby and are looking forward to many miles, new friends and memories.

Pleased to meet everyone...

Tony:)

·
Registered
584 Posts
Enjoy the forum. Lots of good people here. Hope you have a deep pocket, this hobby is pretty expensive, but worth it. Ride safe. J.T.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome back to riding Tony,

Glad you found us and if you have been away for 20 years you may want to consider a Motorcycle Safety Foundation - Basic Riders course. It’s a very good refresher course, I found that there were things I could do to make me a better rider, plus if you have any bad habits they will work with you to improve and maybe develop good habits. I was really impressed with the course, and I have heard that most local HOG group have arrangements with the local places that put on the course to help get you in.

Also, if you do attend one of these courses and successfully complete it, you can get reimbursed from National HOG for up to $50 in HOG buck redeemable at any Dealer toward parts and accessories.

Ride safe and again welcome,

Dave

·
Registered
695 Posts
Pleased to meet you also Stratplexi. I also grew up riding motocross and I bet there are many others on this forum in the same situation. Great news about your new 2003 Heritage Softtail Classic. That's really a nice bike and I bet your wife loves it too.
Thanks for joining in and we look forward to hearing about your rides.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replies and the info on the HOG reimbursement of the safety course. Here in Ohio, it's nearly impossible to get in this class. Maybe my local HOG chapter can help out. If not, I am going to have to wait until spring...the rest of the year is booked.

You guys are right...this is an EXPENSIVE hobby. I just bought the bike July 30th and I have already spent a small fortune. You know...riding boots (me and the Mrs.), helmets (ditto) and gloves (ditto). Not to mention the $1000 in accessories :) . And on the short list are 2 good leather riding jackets, chaps for me and leather pants for my partner. All of that and I want that HD custom red flamed paint set. Oh well, the paint set will just have to wait.

Of course with the bike now comes extra traveling costs too. Like going to the Easyrider rodeo in Chili this weekend... :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts