V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my order for V&H Ovals and True Duals pulse the Big Sucker Stage I form Direct Parts. (Good people, great price and fast shipping). Also have on order the SERT from Surdyke (20% off). Should receive it in about two weeks. (This doesn’t make much difference as it’s still too cold here to ride much) Oh-- this for my 05 Ultra. Will post on how the replacement/installation goes.

Furture plans are for the 98" kit from BBWrench, and head work (TBD).

Kenney

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just finished the installation of the new pipes and Ovals. Sounds GREAT !!!!
Can’t run it for very long till I get the SERT and change the EFI Map. Will let you know.

Kenney

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
sounds like a good start

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
Kenney said:
Furture plans are for the 98" kit from BBWrench, and head work (TBD).
Who's BBWrench? new site sponser? HD's brother?:cheers:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After reading the posts here and on the "other" forum, the style of riding that I do (two up and touring), this setup looked like the best foundation to start a build.

GMR Performance 98" power package.
Don't know about the cam yet but will be talking to them before I buy.

I did find out that there are no short cuts on the removal (stock exhaust) or installation of the V&H pipes. You do half to remove the right side floor board and I did half to use the spacers (washers) to set the floor board out for clearance. Now I can’t wait for the SERT so I can ride.
Any one know of a good builder in the St. Louis area?

Kenney

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Step 2

I received the SERT –01D Version 4.5.2 and loaded it on the Laptop, (yes I did need a USB to serial converter) After about a week of reading and looking on the Net I chose a MAP, made a few changes to it (had to convert the MT5 to the MT6 files) and loaded it up. I had no problems doing this as I had read all of the posts about the problems that others had had and followed the instructions that came with the SERT.

It finely warmed up enough to get out for a “shake down” run to check that all bolts and clamps were tight. I had only one “POP or Backfire” through the pipes and that was after a hard run and a quick shutdown. Time wouldn’t let me do much more that that so will try again in a few days. (Its getting back down below 30)
I want to do the "DATA MODE" colection and see what everything is doing.

05 FLHTCUI
V&H True Duals
V&H Ovals
Big Sucker I

Kenney

1 - 7 of 7 Posts