V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
yep, I was watching the game (Broncos) and it looked serious as soon as the camera went back to him lying on the ground. Looked like he was really laboring to breath, almost convulsing, and I immediately had a bad feeling. Most recent prognosis sounds grim. Looked like one of those every play kind of collisions in which no one gets hurt. It reminded me in many ways of the Mike Utley injury in 1991.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
It was sad to hear and see what happened to him but it is a risk of playing football.

But my prayers go out to him and his family.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Man that sucks. Kids keep your head up when you tackle someone!

He was wearing a helmet.

·
Banned
9,436 Posts
Looks as if he is going to be paralyzed, very tragic. I've seen the video of the tackle several times and the hit looks unremarkable. Youneverknow!

Lefty

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Lefty said:
Looks as if he is going to be paralyzed, very tragic. I've seen the video of the tackle several times and the hit looks unremarkable. Youneverknow!

Lefty
Much like Dale Earnhart's collision with the wall...unremarkable is a good description.

Really sad...prayers from here...

·
Banned
9,436 Posts

·
Seasoned Wrench
509 Posts
Front page of msn today says its a miracle! He will walk again says the doctor!

peace--

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Cool, good to hear.

Still, tell your kids to keep their head up when they tackle someone. It doesn't take much force to compress a spine.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Yea, the news this morning on Fox was encouraging. Something about the spinal cord NOT being lacerated, didn't catch the whole report, but it was encouraging. I didn't see the game, but did see the hit on a replay. It looked really unremarkable, as mentioned before. But it made me cringe, he could've suffocated to death before anyone even knew he was hurt. I pray he makes a full recovery.

·
Doof Bag
274 Posts
Bot said:
Yea, the news this morning on Fox was encouraging. Something about the spinal cord NOT being lacerated, didn't catch the whole report, but it was encouraging. I didn't see the game, but did see the hit on a replay. It looked really unremarkable, as mentioned before. But it made me cringe, he could've suffocated to death before anyone even knew he was hurt. I pray he makes a full recovery.
Amen brother.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts