V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the harley family and wanted to fine out if there are any issues with motor or anything I should look for.I have a vet and it had issues that everyone is aware of new from factory. Does my harley?

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
No, But that won't stop you from spending thousands on motor and cosmetic upgrades anyway. Congrats, welcome and enjoy !!!!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Just try to find out what the date was the engine was built. I'm thinking it was after 12/14/99 they had the cam update in them. Other than that just ride. :D

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Of course we are all available to "suggest" ways to help you spend money on your bike...

Of course, Pipes, Re-Flash or Re-Jet and Air Cleaner always seem to come to mind right away.... :D

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My bike came with vance and hines striaght shots and K&n something had made that change for me..

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How can you fine out about the build date so I can check on cam set??

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Go to harley-davidson.com, then under Experience, Wrenching Dept, select Service Check-up. Enter your vin #. You will get a type of form letter telling you about the extended warranty if you have an engine with the rear cam bearing issue. If you don't get the letter, you're OK. If you do get the letter, then I would go to a dealer and have them run your VIN # to see if maybe the Fix-it kit has been installed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts