V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a killer deal on a V&H Pro Pipe, but it's missing the end cap. Since the baffle bolts to the end cap, I can't run the pipe until I get an end cap. I called V&H, and they want $100 for it! It's a disk about 2" thick and 4.5" in diameter! They act like it's 24 karat gold plated, or like they have to "custom" make a new "mold" for it!! I'm hoping someone here might have an extra one laying around, that I could pick up CHEAP.
I checked online, and the cheapest I could find was $70, but an Arlen Ness is only $125, which is what I would expect for theirs. Seller told me he found one for $22, but I haven't been able to find it, and he hasn't sent me the link to it, like he said he would. Maybe someone else can find one for a "decent" price. Appreciate and and all assistance on this.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not a machinist, unfortunately, plus, I don't have a block of aluminum or billet to make it out of.
I found one on browncycle.com for $70 plus shipping, so ordered that, since V&H wanted $100 for the same thing, giving me some BS about needing to make a new "mold" for it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just cant pay that kind of cash for something I can make with a few bucks of materials and a little time
Understood. And, if I had the materials, tools, and skills to make it, I probably would have, but I don't. If you want to make me one, I'll gladly pay you much less for it. It has bolt holes to hold it to the pipe, but also tapped bolt holes for bolts to hold the baffle to it on the inside, too. Can you do all that cheaper? If so, please let me know. I've been told that these have a tendency to get blown off by internal pipe pressure, so maybe having an extra one wouldn't be a bad idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts