V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of possibilities for my 95" build to run by the experts here. I found a set of Screamin' Eagle 1550 cylinders and pistons for about 400 bucks. These are supposedly new in the boxes BUT the seller says they are +.20 bored from HD??? I looked up the part number in the catalog and Harley doesn't show an overbore for these cylinders. So my question is do I bore my cylinders and get a set of pistons for them, or buy the set that is ready to go? Is $400 reasonable for jugs, pistons, rings and pins?

Joe

·
Banned
5,114 Posts
jasilva said:
I have a couple of possibilities for my 95" build to run by the experts here. I found a set of Screamin' Eagle 1550 cylinders and pistons for about 400 bucks. These are supposedly new in the boxes BUT the seller says they are +.20 bored from HD??? I looked up the part number in the catalog and Harley doesn't show an overbore for these cylinders. So my question is do I bore my cylinders and get a set of pistons for them, or buy the set that is ready to go? Is $400 reasonable for jugs, pistons, rings and pins?

Joe
You would be better off doing your own. I think list price for a new set of cylinders and pistons are $100.00 more than the guy is asking and you will have 2 more rebuilds with new ones. Tell him to use his parts for a papper weight...lol:clap:

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
What Doc said!

You can get your cylinders bored for about $100 and a brand new set of Screamin Eagle cast pistons are $102 (Zanotties online inc S&H)
That's alot better deal!

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Thanks guys, as you can probably tell I'm still learning my way around my bike. So I'll probably pop in here with obvious/stupid questions as I try to figure out what I ultimately want my bike to be. Appreciate the straight, plain answers to my ?s.

Joe

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
jasilva said:
Thanks guys, as you can probably tell I'm still learning my way around my bike. So I'll probably pop in here with obvious/stupid questions as I try to figure out what I ultimately want my bike to be. Appreciate the straight, plain answers to my ?s.

Joe
The only stupid question is one not asked!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts