V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chrome belt guard (upper and lower) on my Dyna, and there appears to be a black boomerang shaped rear-footpeg mount on the left side.

This mount goes right across the belt guards, and I'd like a chrome one. I talked to the Harley parts guy, and he says my only option is to remove it and get it chromed privately.

In Madison, Wisconsin, our only shop, Northern Plating, has just closed its doors. I'll have to send the bracket out of state.

Any other options?

·
Harley Fanatic
1,058 Posts
You have a few options. One is to check out some other HD shops (call em) to see if they send parts out to be chromed for customers. Kinda surprised your shop doesn't. Check with the larger shops. Most shops that do any custom work with have a chrome shop they deal with. You could check with local indy shops too. Or you could send it to Brown's plating in Ky. They do exclusively bike parts. This is the website.

http://www.brownsplating.com/content/dealer_lookup.html

This page shows their dealers, they have 22 in WI. Should be able to find someone close.
Just remember, any of these options will be expensive. Chrome is not cheap.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Expect to wait if your dealer sends something to Browns Plating. They're about the best chromer in the US and they stay busy. Most of the stuff they do for HD dealers is exchange work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts