V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about putting an Ultra Tour pack on my '06 Roadglide...I called the local stealer and asked to get a quote for a Black Pearl Ultra detachable/lockable tour pack...The only extra I was going with was the spoiler LED lights....

He called me back and gave me a price of +/- $2200. That seems like a lot of money for just a tour pack and led lights...Am I just a tight wad or is this guy ripping me a new one????

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Call Chicago Harley, they give 20% off on Internet orders.

Silly question too. Is the dealer ripping me off? You know the answer to that before asking. :)

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
53287-06BZF $929.00 Color-Matched Ultra Tour Pak
New book doesn't clearly list docking points and hadware....maybe $200
53149-05BPY $219.95 Color-Matched Tour Pak Spoiler

Do your own labor, its not difficult. You can get 20% at Chicago and Benjy's HD

·
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thatoldbike said:
Call Chicago Harley, they give 20% off on Internet orders.

Silly question too. Is the dealer ripping me off? You know the answer to that before asking. :)

Thanks Guys!!! Chicago HD can do it for less than half what my local stealer wants!!!! I am going to order it in the next day or so!!!:bowdwn: :bowdwn: :bowdwn:

·
Registered
255 Posts
stealer dealer

joeschmoe said:
Thanks Guys!!! Chicago HD can do it for less than half what my local stealer wants!!!! I am going to order it in the next day or so!!!:bowdwn: :bowdwn: :bowdwn:
Then after all done photocopy your invoice and take a digital picture and give to the dumb (_|_) who quoted you 2200 :)

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
joeschmoe said:

Do yourself a favor and call Jenny at Benjy's HD in WV

You'll get the same 20% discount *and* good service from a terrific lady.

Chicago HD is plagued with attitude issues.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Some Guy said:

Hey, it's Chicargo! Got a problem with that?!?
I prefer it when my parts person pretends to give a sh!t ;)

·
Registered
927 Posts
Regional thing probably, they probably don't thing they are giving good service unless they wind up in a punch-out with half their customers.

Similar to: "I'm from Chicago, I eat LOTS of hot sauce"

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
wyodude said:

I'll be sure to do that. Both times I ordered from CHD, it took almost a month to get the parts. I just cancelled an order today. Guy promised to ship my parts last Thursday and I called today and they haven't been shipped. Only $150 is stuff so I'll get it from my local dealer with the piss-ant 5% off for being a HOG member. Next time I have a big order, I'll call Jenny.

·
Road Hawg
146 Posts
:ntlgh:

joeschmoe said:
He called me back and gave me a price of +/- $2200. That seems like a lot of money for just a tour pack and led lights...Am I just a tight wad or is this guy ripping me a new one????
Jeez, that's like my old lady asking if that dress makes her look fat. YES!!!!!!! Because she is fat!

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
I got mine from Benjys, painted abiout 3 weeks. $911 with shipping, locks, luggage rack, detach kit, and backrest. Forgot one detach kit got locally for $20.

You a$$hole will pucker when drilling the holes for luggage rack. Template is a worthless piece of sh$t, or I am a moron. Either way they should sell for morons.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
By the way I called a number off 20% dealers people have mentioned. Benjys was cheapest and by far the quickest. Everyone else 6 weeks +

·
Registered
46 Posts
berserker said:
I got mine from Benjys, painted abiout 3 weeks. $911 with shipping, locks, luggage rack, detach kit, and backrest. Forgot one detach kit got locally for $20.

You a$$hole will pucker when drilling the holes for luggage rack. Template is a worthless piece of sh$t, or I am a moron. Either way they should sell for morons.
Don't know if they've changed, but I ordered a T-Pack for an 03 about two years ago, and the holes were already punched, but were lightly glassed over so you could see them real easy. Had two different options as to how far back you needed it. What made me pucker was using a jig saw to add the lights. LOL I called my local dealer and they said they would do it for 1/2 hour labor if I brought it in. Seemed like cheap insurance to me. If they f~ it up, they can replace it.

·
Just a kid at heart
597 Posts
berserker said:
Your a$$hole will pucker when drilling the holes for luggage rack. Template is a worthless piece of sh$t,
Agreed! I did a lot of double checking and found there were indents on the inside where the holes should line up. I drilled a small hole through the center of each of the indents from the inside of the tourpak. Then I drilled the holes larger from the outside in so I wouldn't chip the paint. Worked pretty well.

The one I hated drilling was the large hole for the antenna cable. I used a step drill bit that you would use for sheet metal. It worked great.

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
wyodude said:

Agree 100% with ya on working with Jenny. Did a dump truck load of business with her with she was at Hale's. Was sorry to see her leave there and have yet to do business with her in her new digs. But am putting together an order right now so won't be able to make that statement in the future.

Back to Chicago HD. Having lived up there for 5-6 years I got to know that whole bunch and maybe I cut 'em a little slack when dealing with them. Attitudes and all! Ha!

o~\o

·
Registered
107 Posts
Did your original high $ quote include the labor to install the Docking points and wire the lights to your bike (splitters and connectors)?

I always ask when getting a quote to give me one with labor and without labor! Then again I know the MSRP price of the core pieces before going into them!

Then again that's why I patronize a local independant. Particular since they guarentee there work and insure I am completely satisfied.

·
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
styd24 said:
Did your original high $ quote include the labor to install the Docking points and wire the lights to your bike (splitters and connectors)?

I always ask when getting a quote to give me one with labor and without labor! Then again I know the MSRP price of the core pieces before going into them!

Then again that's why I patronize a local independant. Particular since they guarentee there work and insure I am completely satisfied.
This was for equipment only no labor included.....From everybody on here I think I am goin gto deal with Jenny at Benjy's turnaround time is excellent!!!?prty:

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
joeschmoe said:
This was for equipment only no labor included.....From everybody on here I think I am goin gto deal with Jenny at Benjy's turnaround time is excellent!!!?prty:
You won't be disappointed but, Joe, have your part number ready when you call. Jenny is a walking parts number book but it helps her a lot to have the numbers ready and will speed up everything a whole bunch.

o~\o

·
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ordered everything I needed for the Ultra tour pack through Jenny:thanks: ...

Saved right at half what my local stealer :2flips: quoted me....

Jenny is awesome and knows her stuff!!!:cheers:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts