V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well,

I quick search seemed to show they were now very good and tough to tune.....so nevermind ^rolleyez^

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
Guy I know has....... er, I mean HAD one. They only run WIDE OPEN. They SUCK for "around town" riding. I dumped the MM injection on my 98 RK, went to a Mikuni 42.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I dumped the MM EFI and put on the CV40. Have 95" BB with Andrews 37G cams and S/E breather kit with the K&N filter. Runs great. I also have heard the Holley setup isn't really a good one.

·
BFFB
833 Posts
aztriker said:
I dumped the MM EFI and put on the CV40. Have 95" BB with Andrews 37G cams and S/E breather kit with the K&N filter. Runs great. I also have heard the Holley setup isn't really a good one.
i have been advised against holly too ,,,,,,,,,how is yours tuned ?,,i got a 98" with 37's , i have a cv40 set up with a stage 7 thunderslide and a borrowed cv40 with an old harley guys set up , he wont go into details what he does ,i have been swapping back and forth trying to find what i want ,,i really like the old tuners set up but only get 33 miles a gallon with it ,, i have another one i want to set up with a sportster needle to try

·
Registered
378 Posts
woodwalkertc88 said:
i have been advised against holly too ,,,,,,,,,how is yours tuned ?,,i got a 98" with 37's , i have a cv40 set up with a stage 7 thunderslide and a borrowed cv40 with an old harley guys set up , he wont go into details what he does ,i have been swapping back and forth trying to find what i want ,,i really like the old tuners set up but only get 33 miles a gallon with it ,, i have another one i want to set up with a sportster needle to try
I had an indy shop do mine and I think he said I have 42/185 jets and he left the stock needle in it, just raised it about 4mm, I think he said. It has 2 small washers holding the needle up. I'm running a tad lean at my choosing.

Don't mean to hijack your thread, eruption.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts