V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2005 Softtail Deluxe last fall and the bike has been great. The only (good) problem is my wife is always on the back and can’t wait for some serious trips this summer. I am beginning to think I should have bought a Road King Classic. I wanted to find out how bad the dealer would rip me so I stopped yesterday. He called this morning and said he would trade for 2900.00 and my bike.
I was just getting ready to buy Boss saddlebags for the Deluxe so that helps to soften this a little. It strikes me as not to bad a deal to get what I am guessing is a better 2 up ride and more load hauling capability.
Negative is the FLHRCI is a 2006 with catalytic converter and the sales manager told me as of yesterday morning’s sales meeting they will not be selling or installing any after market exhaust including Screaming Eagle.
The Deluxe has Stage I and Vance and Hines Long Shots.
What do you think

Thanks
RCl

·
Registered
580 Posts
It souds acceptable and of course they cant upgrade the new scooters,as predicted the stealers aren't able to modify the bikes as a result of emissions
laws,the indys will still do it for a while then they will be strapped by the gov.only left to do is doityourself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts