V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quiet 2-1 free flowing exhaust system for the dresser?

Everyone raves about the Thunderheader, or D&D, FatCat, but those are too loud for me. I'm looking to maximize my engine mods, without going deaf. Right now I'm running FullSac mufflers, and this is as loud as I care to be.

·
Premium Member
3,122 Posts
Paniolo said:
A quiet 2-1 free flowing exhaust system for the dresser?

Everyone raves about the Thunderheader, or D&D, FatCat, but those are too loud for me. I'm looking to maximize my engine mods, without going deaf. Right now I'm running FullSac mufflers, and this is as loud as I care to be.
The V&H Propipe isn't too bad and it's easy to make it more quiet by closing
off holes in the baffle.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I have a Supertrapp Supermeg 2:1 on my 04 FLHTC and love it. quiet yet much more responsive than the Screaming eagle slip ons that I replaced with it. One big added bonsus I did not anticipate was my oil temp dropped after going to the 2:1. Run it with a closed end cap and 14-16 discs and it is very quiet, run it with an open end cap and 10 discs and it quiet at cruise but barks when on the gas. Very easy to install too.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
you might check out the exhaust section and look up a post labled "Ohiomotoxer supertrapp?" or do a search with the words Supertrapp.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Paniolo, I'm kinda the same way you are about wanting quiet power. What diameter inserts did you get and what part of SoCal are you in? I'd like to hear what they sound like if that's possible.

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Martin64 said:
Paniolo, I'm kinda the same way you are about wanting quiet power. What diameter inserts did you get and what part of SoCal are you in? I'd like to hear what they sound like if that's possible.
I got the 2" inserts with my FullSac Mufflers. I live in Los Angeles, near LAX.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,722 Posts
I've no first hand knowledge of these, but from what I've read, I'd suggest checking on the LSR Blackhole pipes. IF you can afford them.

Joe

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
arjonaut said:
I've no first hand knowledge of these, but from what I've read, I'd suggest checking on the LSR Blackhole pipes. IF you can afford them.

Joe
The one thing I have heard about those is that they are really LOUD!

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,722 Posts
Paniolo said:
The one thing I have heard about those is that they are really LOUD!
I said the LSR Blackholes, not the regular LSRs. I've heard that the regular ones are loud, but haven't heard of anyone with experience with the Blackholes.

Joe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts