V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just was wondering if there is a quiet(r) muffler made for the HD that still has the low restriction as my Screaming Eaqle mufflers. I love the nois wround town , but on the road it gets old real quick.

I'm just running a stage 1 w/ the Screaming Eagle muffs. WOuld I loose power if I went back to the stock muffs? Would I have to have the ignition remapped?

Quess that I'm just getting old:yawn:

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
HD touring mufflers - they came stock on the SE bikes...i have a set on my RK..they are quiet.

they make a little sound when you really rap it up,
but never obnoxious.

mine are in the FS forum.

i would think you would need to re-adjust (if you have a Tuner/fueler) if you flow less air, but if you just have a Stage 1 load, you should be fine. maybe a bit rich, run a bit cooler, be Ok?

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
If you have a touring bike, check out the S&S SPO touring mufflers. They claim quiet power...........and boy are they quiet.

Steve

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MaineUltraClassic said:
If you have a touring bike, check out the S&S SPO touring mufflers. They claim quiet power...........and boy are they quiet.

Steve
Thanks, BTW my bike is a 04 RKC

·
I'm gonna powder his nose
537 Posts
JjR said:
Just was wondering if there is a quiet(r) muffler made for the HD that still has the low restriction as my Screaming Eaqle mufflers. I love the nois wround town , but on the road it gets old real quick.

I'm just running a stage 1 w/ the Screaming Eagle muffs. WOuld I loose power if I went back to the stock muffs? Would I have to have the ignition remapped?

Quess that I'm just getting old:yawn:
Hmmmm SOMEONE should make a tunable muffler that one could change the flow rate whenever they wanted...............

·
Registered
38 Posts
"Is there such a thing as a low restriction quiet muffler?"

Yes.
Without a doubt it is the S&S SPO slip-on touring muffler.
The H-D Touring mufflers (not S-E Pro) are quiet, but just as restrictive as stock. They made my built motor lose a lot of power.

You need a muffler design with large volume and a minimum of baffles, to get low restriction and quiet, plus keep the power. The SPO's fill the bill.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts

YOU MIGHT WANT TO TRY KHROME WERKS HP TOURING MUFFLERS OR TOUR LITE MUFFLERS ,ONE HAS CHANGEABLE TIPS,THE OTHER IS ONE PIECE.I HAVE THESE ON MY 05 FLHRI W/A PCIII AND THEY RUN GOOD WITH A THROATY RUMBLE UNDER HARD ACCELERATION BUT ARE SUPER QUIET WHILE CRUISING,THEY ARE A STRAIGHT THROUGH MUFFLER WITH AN UNSUAL BAFFLE DESIGN THAT IS TUNABLE.THEY ARE NOT STAMPED LEGAL BUT DO HAVE A FOIL OFF ROAD STICKER THAT CAN BE REMOVED WITH SOME PATIENCE.I ORDRED MINE THROUGH WALLY'S CYCLE WORLD FOR 275.00 W/SHIPPING THAT WAS FOR THE TOUR LITES.KHROME WERKS ALSO HAS A WEB SITE WWW.KHROMEWERKS.COM BUT ONLY FOR REFERENCE CAN NOT BUY DIRECT.HOPE IT HELPS.

·
Registered
338 Posts
ohiomotoxer said:
Hmmmm SOMEONE should make a tunable muffler that one could change the flow rate whenever they wanted...............
They do saw them at myrtle beach.Well mabe not tuneable but were called stealth.They had a way to close most of the flow while you are driving so you can cruise past the cops and such .Only saw them on baggers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts