V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
7,269 Posts
dave51 said:
How many football players have you seen playing without a helmet? Helmets work, folks. However, I agree it should be a personal choice.
Yeah but, Football players make their living crashing heads together on PURPOSE!

Locally, a HD enthusiast and serviceman was killed Sunday during a 400 bike run for Lady Bikers Ride for Breast Cancer. He was hit by a lawyer in a cage who ran a red light!:mad:My gut feeling is he got tired of waiting for the line to pass and jumped the gun but I'm not absolutely positive. The guy was in his ealry 50's, worked as an auto repairman as well as at the local HD shop.

· Registered
7,269 Posts
dave51 said:
On purpose...by accident. No difference. It would hurt like hell if there wasn't a helmet.
My point was that we don't go banging our helmeted/helmetless heads on the ground on purpose. Football players USE theirs as weapons to take down their opponent! Chances of an injury to them is far greater!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.