V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having to run the stock pipes for a while, can something be done tomake them sound similar to aftermarket pipes???

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
Assuming your talking about the Low Rider, you can knock out the plug in the center of the mufflers. If you search the Forum there are several threads on how to do it. I have a set of stock mufflers from an 02 that have the plug opened and also a set of the SEII. Either set is for sale cheap but it may cost more than they are worth to ship to Japan. PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
131 Posts
You can drill the baffel out...someone I ride with had the shop she deals with drill hers out....it was on an 02 Low Rider, and they sound awesome...

B

·
0 Posts
I punched out the plugs on my Dyna's stock mufflers, and am happy with the results. Not as loud as SE II's and louder than stock.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
The Dyna stock slip-on will not sound good compared to after market slip-ons. No driling/punching gutting or what ever will do it. Compleate gutting take hours and the loss of back psi make them do little more than make noise.
Knock out the pulgs is the best way to go. You keep some back PSI and they sound good enought till the $70 dyno power slip-on get ordered. Its easy too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
sorry...but punching a hole may make it sound louder..but not necessarily good..

have thunderheaders on my dyna and softail, and the bass thump is just awesome...pythons also sound good...but the thunderheaders are in a class of their own

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have punched out the plugs on my dyna and really like the sound. What I would like to know is do I need to rejet? I have not changed the ac or anything else. This is a carb model.

B

·
0 Posts
Smokie:

After I punched the plugs out on my 2002 Dyna (I like the sound too...) the bike ran just fine except for some exhaust popping on decel. A month or 2 later I rejetted and put a Ness Big Sucker on. Now the exhaust popping is 95% gone and power is right on...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts