V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many of each model and color are made each year. I'm thinking of buying an '02 Pearl White fat Boy and was curious how many were made. I havent seen too many around.

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
have you checked out the H-D website? That might help. This year they are all available in the same colors. They were also showing there 2002 bikes and colors. I don't if this help, but put my 2 cents in.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Can't speak for 02 or for sure even 03. I was told by my stealer(who has told me a fib or two) that in 03 he would receive 3-5 % bikes of color(blue,red,white). So if that's right it depends on how many they sell and the number would be lower as compared to the others????

·
Registered
121 Posts
The MoCo is making 2003 a 16 month long production year so the #'s might be skewed, also they are having severe problems with the silver/black ann combo and might be discontinuing it (the silver on several bikes has been peeling off) so any # they have now may not be the final tally.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
They are going to stop selling the "silver/black '03" combo? Who the hell told you that?

There were "rumors" as could best be described early on (look for the thread here on the board) but I have seen many "silver/black" combo's with no problems, and the dealer's here in the DC area are still delivering them!

All well :rolleyes:

·
Registered
121 Posts
From what I was told on 2 other boards is that there is a problem with the silver "peeling off" if there is a nick in the paint and a guy is washing the bike the silver has on a few peeled back like plastic- no they are not gonna not sell what is out there, are you kidding?? this is Harley.
The bikes are completely painted black and the silver is a special metallic paint that is 1/3 as thick as regular paint and it is not ahhereing properly-there has been talk about figuring out how to fix it or change it and that could effect production lines.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I really like/liked that Silver and Black combination, almost got it instead of my Gunmetal Pearl.

My local stealer is still claiming he hasn't seen any problems at their delarship, nor has hear any and I know they have sold quite a few. A few of our members in our local HOG chapter also have this '03 combo and no problems reported.....................yet:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts