V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now removing my passenger floorboards while riding solo which leaves a scuffed up area on the frame and of course the threaded holes.

My wife will still ride on occasion so I need to be able to pop the passenger boards back on fairly quickly.

Is there a chrome piece that covers this area... even a black powder coated piece would be okay?

I have done quite a few searches and so far have come up empty.

Thanks.

·
Registered
622 Posts
While there may not be a cover made, you could have a piece of stainless steel sheet cut to the size and shape, drill the holes and put ss bolts in place. Well polished ss looks good. This shouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I took the passenger pegs off my Custom and got chrome pan-head socket screws and chrome lock washers to put in the holes (there were 2 threaded holes per side). Cheap & looks better than bare threaded holes.

Fortunately my local Ace Hardware stocks a complete line of really nice chrome hardware, SAE & metric.

Probably replace the tank bolts on the neck with chrome also.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I agree with the chrome bolts and washers if you can find them. That would really look good. You would have to touch up any scuff marks on the fame, if they're not to deep, buff them out.
I put stainless bolts and washers in mine and that cleans it up a lot also.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was looking for something a little more refined than bolts and washers.

What I was hoping to find and may possibly fabricate is the following:

From 1/8" aluminum shaped to the footprint of the stock floorboard bracket, drilled for one chrome acorn nut on a stud, and a blind hole tapped for a pin that aligns with the other threaded hole in the frame (like the pin in the stock bracket. Either powder coat or chrome the aluminum piece.

Thanks for your input... if i make it, I will post a photo.

·
Harley Fanatic
1,058 Posts
I removed my pass floorboards too, but need to be able to put them on quick if necessary. I bought some Kuryakyn allen bolt plugs that are black. I push them into the threaded holes and they blend into the frame black really nice. Can't see them from 4 ft away. The small amount of frame scuff isn't noticable to me. I used some black frame paint pen to cover what saw. THe plugs come out easy enough to remove them, but seem to be staying put when they need to. Works for me.
Jerry

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Here's a quick pic of the pegs removed with the chrome bolts installed - FYI

1 - 9 of 9 Posts