V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 softail CVO deluxe with over 50000 and while I have the primary apart I am looking into replacing the rear drive belt, is there a better one that Harley has?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
The newer belts are going to carbon reinforced I'm still running a belt with no issues and a 124"motor. As long as you don't drop the clutch at high and shock load they are stronger than most would believe. I'm runni g an 1 1/2" S&S carbon belt

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a 2014 softail CVO deluxe with over 50000 and while I have the primary apart I am looking into replacing the rear drive belt, is there a better one that Harley has?
Ive tried the kevlar belts. After braking my stock belt. I switched to an 1-1/2 kevlar belt. Broke 2 of those switched to a 530 chain. That has been on my bike for over 10 years.
I'm running a n S&S 124 putting down 166hp. 160 ft lbs.
Who in the world would put a 124 in there bike and not put a drastic load on it every now & then???

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Ive tried the kevlar belts. After braking my stock belt. I switched to an 1-1/2 kevlar belt. Broke 2 of those switched to a 530 chain. That has been on my bike for over 10 years.
I'm running a n S&S 124 putting down 166hp. 160 ft lbs.
Who in the world would put a 124 in there bike and not put a drastic load on it every now & then???
Yah I've been in discussion about your BS story 124" that makes more power than everybody else's motor. Then you call the same super motor a piece of crap on the next thread about S&S being junk. Make up your mind and stop smoking that $hit. If you think because I have a carbon belt that I'm babying my bike you'd be quite wrong. With the nitrous I'm putting 170hp on an actual Dyno and not some BS number I'm making up in my head because I'm delirious. I smell a bucket load of $hit but it's not me.... By the way you have 130hp put the pipe down and stop smoking

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts