V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,467 Posts

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,357 Posts
Regarding #9. If there is another civil war in these United States, that ain't even close to what it will look like.
Spoil sport.

joe

·
Super Moderator
19,401 Posts
Hell, Larry Hogan can't get a CCW in Maryland!!

Sent from my coal burning bag phone using Tapatalk
Maryland is thumbing their noses at a federal judge who mandated that they issue CCP's. Want a CCP in MD. Get elected to the legislature. You get one at your swearing in.

Speaking of Bmore, the FBI and IRS raided the Mayors two homes and city offices this morning. Also hit the non profit she sold her vapour books to. She's from Congressman Elijah E. Cummings camp. So this might be the beginnings of something larger.

·
Registered
15,613 Posts
Or realistic. If there's a second civil war, the federal forces will have a much better advantage than they did in the first one. Even if the the other side still has their firearms and trillion bullets.
The key question is how many of the federal forces are going to be on each side?

Sent from my 2 Tin Cans With A String using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Common sense is to have "good sense and sound judgment in practical matters". Knowing that testing the nail gun on your dick is a bad idea.

Logic is reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity. Or a system or set of principles underlying the arrangements of elements in a computer machine, automated system or electronic device so as to perform a specified task.
Following a multi step diagnostic flow chart that leads you to the conclusion that using a nail gun on your pecker will result in your pecker being nailed to something.
Re: Nailguned pecker
Not necessarily. Pull back the safety and fire it at your boner, without anything behind it will simply nail it but not nail it down.
Use your logic :laugh:

Apology for the side track.
Now back to the politics.

·
Premium Member
14,467 Posts
The key question is how many of the federal forces are going to be on each side?

I agree with this position...I don't know a single vet who would obey those orders--assuming an over burdensome government.

Soldiers don't agree to fight for the so-called leaders, they agree to fight for the people.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,357 Posts
I agree with this position...I don't know a single vet who would obey those orders--assuming an over burdensome government.

Soldiers don't agree to fight for the so-called leaders, they agree to fight for the people.
When it gets to nut-cuttin' time- they're mostly fighting for each other.

joe

·
Registered
15,613 Posts
When it gets to nut-cuttin' time- they're mostly fighting for each other.

joe
True with a normal adversary, but against law abiding citizens?

·
Super Moderator
19,401 Posts

Government side. Most all of them.

Its built that way from the ground up.

One might hope that were we to be on the precipice of a second rebellion of the states, that the military might move to dispose the sitting government and impose military rule until cooler heads could form/elect a new government.

Back when, there was no federal army to speak of, The states held most of the military might in the union. That has now completely reversed. The power now resides with the Federal government.

And back when, the other powers, Europe, didn't want to get drug into another war in the Americas. Today I suspect there would be dozens of interloping powers. Which is why the Military would be justified in preemptively stepping in.

With all of that said, we are not really approaching any sort of rebellion of states that would spit the country. What we have is the beginnings of a break down of the rule of law. Local governments are trying to do as they please. Some states are trying to do as they please. Political parties are trying to make law from the campaign trail. And the popular press is stoking it all up. That will continue until something really bad happens. Then the pendulum will swing the other way and it will be crack down time.

It could be China that causes it. Or India and Pakistan could decide to nuke each other. Maybe Iran feels backed into a corner and starts a war between us and their backers by dropping one of the nukes they don't have, on Israel. Or sinks one of our carriers.

It could even be something like the big one wiping out the west coast, or a big rock actually dropping out of the sky. Or something as simple as the flu.

As long as people are fat, happy and safe, they are going to let the malcontents bitch and stir up trouble. But as soon as those fat happy safe folks are really threatened, then those constitutional rights get paired back and malcontents will find that there is a high price to pay for their anarchist rhetoric.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts