V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '01 FXDWG TC 88, carbed, and has a stage 1 (V&H Bighsots, SE A/C, jetted). I'm going to fix the cam chain tensioners. While I'm in there I'll replace the inner cam bearings with full compliment Torrington B 148's. Will I gain anything by going to a set of SE 203's while I'm in there? I can pick up a set for $75.

Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
I have a set in mine, thought it made a big diff

·
Registered
766 Posts
Those are good cams, Dave. As long as your in there upgrading, might as well install an '07 oil pump. Higher oil pressure, better scavanging, less blow by. Just sayin.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies!
Now let's say I want to go to a gear driven set up and sh1t can the chains altogether. What would be a good cam to go to that would bump up the low end without going crazy ( staying with stock heads, valves, springs, etc). Is there something like and SE 203 but gear driven? Please excuse my ignorance... I bow to the masters...

Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
569 Posts
With a light bike like you have you could easily go SE 211 or SE251, so when you go 95, your done.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Thanks for the replies!
Now let's say I want to go to a gear driven set up and sh1t can the chains altogether. What would be a good cam to go to that would bump up the low end without going crazy ( staying with stock heads, valves, springs, etc). Is there something like and SE 203 but gear driven? Please excuse my ignorance... I bow to the masters...

Thanks, Dave
If you go gear drive the se line up is out. They don't make gear drive cams.
Andrews 37G .hard to beat a 37.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts