V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....to remove the transmission side cover without removing the exhaust?

The exhaust is a ThunderHeader and the bike is an '03 FatBoy.

The chrome is starting to peel badly. Now seems as good a time as any to do this as I have to replace the clutch cable anyways.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
I can't say for sure, perhaps just loosen and pull it out enough to clear. Be sure to lube the new cable good and install an EZ pull while your in there.:chopper:

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fourcats said:
I can't say for sure, perhaps just loosen and pull it out enough to clear. Be sure to lube the new cable good and install an EZ pull while your in there.:chopper:
That's kinda what I'm hoping for.

The reduced effort is already in there :thumbsup:

Thanks

·
Registered
675 Posts
In my experience, no. Even if you could use a short allen wrench to get the little bolts out, there still wouldn't be enough room to pull the cover off. I stared at mine for a long time and finally bit the bullet. It IS possible to get the cam cover off without removing the exhaust, but the clutch release cover is a much closer fit.

Ragnar

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies.

Figured I ask, even though I kinda knew that I'd end up pulling the exhaust, just eye balling it there seems like there might possibly be enough room, but maybe not. Even if there is room, probably not worth the headache.

·
natural-born world-shaker
2,978 Posts
Jamie, I gots tools, a jack and a patio but no garage. Lemme know if ya wanna do it here, I'm off till the New Year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts