V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me or is there a lot less post now? Also when you ask a tech question it doesnt seem like I'm getting the same type or as many responses as i used to.
We used to have experts on everything and you would get instant answers , and a good argument on top of it.
I miss the good old days.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
21,644 Posts
Its been slow for awhile, now alittle slower. Maybe you could say its the time of year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,069 Posts
mori55 said:
Is it me or is there a lot less post now? Also when you ask a tech question it doesnt seem like I'm getting the same type or as many responses as i used to.
We used to have experts on everything and you would get instant answers , and a good argument on top of it.
I miss the good old days.
Loctite everything, and I do mean everything. This will solve all of your problems until you need to remove something.

 

·
I haven't seen your bird.
Joined
·
8,499 Posts
Originally posted by Smokey
Loctite everything, and I do mean everything. This will solve all of your problems until you need to remove something.
Just to clarify, I think Smokey meant "everything" related to motorcycles — certain personal protection items excluded.
 

·
HATER OF THE GRAVEL!!!!!!
Joined
·
5,761 Posts
It is the result for the freemarket reaction.

If you change your place and do things to upset your customers (Us here) and when they complain about said changes, you delete, threaten and tell then to don't let the door hit you on the way out, or they ban them, people leave of there own accord.:whisper:

Not like anyone will get to read this, I am sure it will be deleted long before anyone gets to see it.:yes:
 

·
HATER OF THE GRAVEL!!!!!!
Joined
·
5,761 Posts
With that said, in answer to your question, no, it is not just you, we all see it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,928 Posts
yep morri, all we see lately is name callin, finger pointin, bitchin and whinin. kinda like several months ago. im sure it will strighten up and be good again once the new bean counters get their heads out of their asses.
 

·
EASY DOES IT
Joined
·
8,914 Posts
claydbal said:
yep morri, all we see lately is name callin, finger pointin, bitchin and whinin. kinda like several months ago. im sure it will strighten up and be good again once the new bean counters get their heads out of their asses.
I'm not as certain as you...it's seems traffic and participation here has been on a slow decline...these upheavals tend to make/cause a more noticeable difference but until we get another batch of "new blood" I think this place is gonna continue it's slow spiral down...(I hope not BTW)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Oh you mean like saying Ford in front of Chevy, or vice versa? Kinda childish ain't it? Lots of folks to go around for all kinda sites. Competition keeps things healthy and movin' forward don't it?
(apparently until the last coupld weeks, not my fault the site went down)
Ain't nothin' wrong with that, is there, or is this a monopoly?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,229 Posts
lionsm13 said:
Ain't nothin' wrong with that, is there, or is this a monopoly?


The thing is this IS a free private enterprise. They own the site, they can do what they please with it.

Of course rules of a free market system are in play. If you don't like the direction of something, you can take your business elsewhere. I am sure that is true for the advertisers or potential advertisers to this site. It also true for the subscribers.

We lost a lot of technical and witty contributors. It's up for those of us who remain to decide what this site will look like. So, you better have something to say about valve seal problems or at the very least, start getting witty!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
I guess that I really don't know what is goin' on in the site administration. I just come to this site for information gathering and sharing, as I'm sure many do and on occasion have advice for folks too, that's all.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,229 Posts
We've gone through a couple of rounds of changes. Life being what it is, change will continue. We'll just have to see how it all sorts out.

It see it as kind like the changing neighborhood I live in. Folks have raised their kids and are moving out of these five bedroom houses into condos in prep for their senior years. Young folks with families are moving in. It's the new folks or those of us that remain that are going to re-define the neighborhood.

The thing about change is you're anxious to see what happens next. :corn:
 

·
EASY DOES IT
Joined
·
8,914 Posts
Captain Bligh said:
We've gone through a couple of rounds of changes. Life being what it is, change will continue. We'll just have to see how it all sorts out.

It see it as kind like the changing neighborhood I live in. Folks have raised their kids and are moving out of these five bedroom houses into condos in prep for their senior years. Young folks with families are moving in. It's the new folks or those of us that remain that are going to re-define the neighborhood.

The thing about change is you're anxious to see what happens next. :corn:
I agree...(I think I said that above) we change/evolve...the last upheaval of this nature was back in '06 ? but I think we improved...now it remains to be seen if we can grow out of this...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,261 Posts
In the past few years, I've always noticed a slow run during the summer months, people are out riding. Winter gives the cold areas more time to post and usually see an increase in activity.......




.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top