V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Want To Know If You Still Need The Hd Download When Running The Power Commander. So Say Yes, The Timing And Rev Limiter Get Adjusted With The Download. Others Say Pciii Will Take Care Of Everything....

·
Registered
58 Posts
good insurance

i had the stage 1 download done and 2 hours later installed the PCIII usb,having the Hd download to me is good insurance should the PCIII ever happen to fail far from home.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
copperjohn said:
i had the stage 1 download done and 2 hours later installed the PCIII usb,having the Hd download to me is good insurance should the PCIII ever happen to fail far from home.

Never thought of that happening, good point!

·
Registered
58 Posts
steveg56 said:
Never thought of that happening, good point!

pretty cheap insurance,and if your Haroey dealer is d--k they can't give you any crap about not having their download,give me a shout if you get up my way,I work in the bay area and live up at lake tuloch-Copperopolis- great roads up where i'm at.

John

·
Registered
7 Posts
You don't need the HD stage 1 with a PCIII. Worst case senario, you could unplug the PCIII if you break down and at least make it to a dealer.-2$en#e-

They use them on roadracing bikes all the time and survive a lot of crashing, so I wouldn't expect a PCIII to a problematic add-on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts