V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am having Stage 1 installed by dealer on stock 06 Dyna Streetbob. Includes air breather, map and SE II slip-ons. Dealer says this is a matched configuration. What advantages might a DFO/TFI provide on top of Stage 1 modification outlined above?

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Any reflash the dealer does will be borderline lean. The components may be matched, but a sert or dfo/tfi will allow the scoot to run better.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
@gree:

I had the TFI module in my bike until I went BB. I checked with Dobeck and they helped me get the TFI settings dialed in, which was very easy to do and the bike really did run better with it, than without it. Fuel Mileage was down about 2 or 3 mpg. but the motor wasn't running as hot anymore.

·
Banned
48 Posts
streetbob6 said:
Am having Stage 1 installed by dealer on stock 06 Dyna Streetbob. Includes air breather, map and SE II slip-ons. Dealer says this is a matched configuration. What advantages might a DFO/TFI provide on top of Stage 1 modification outlined above?
The Stage 1 doesn't account for a muffler change - look right in the catalog! I would use the EFI Fueler before a DFO or TFI. The EFI Fueler is a better engineered product.
So, if you have it flashed you will spend $150 for a map and then buy an additional fuel control for about 200-250 - basically the reflash will have just raised your rev limiter.
At this point, have you thought about just buying an EFI Tuner? You could raise the rev limit and install a map that would work all for just over $400 - 450!

·
Total Nutcase
2,691 Posts
streetbob6 said:
Wait and see how your bike runs after the dealer finishes the mods. If you're happy with it, don't waste the money on a DFO.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got the mods done including the Stage 1 download. Bike runs great. Based on seat of the pants feel, I see no need for DFO at this time. Thanks to all for your input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts